AFL Trade Radio

Everyone has issues. Drafting is balancing the issues that every kid has against their upside and your ability to overcome or alleviate those issues.

Morgan had hamstring issues and commitment questionmarks. (FWIS, neither of those seem to have impacted him since he was drafted). Mathieson had disposal issues and questionmarks over whether he’d get in trouble (especially with Parish, his chief partner in crime, around the place)

Hurley had pace off the mark issues. Zerrett had questionmarks over whether he was a real mid or just a hff like Jerrett. McGrath had questionmarks over his height and the hurt factor of his possessions. JD had kicking issues. Fantasia didn’t get enough of the ball. Tippa was out of shape.

If you only want to draft kids with no issues, the recruiting business is not for you.

11 Likes

That one quarter had significantly more output than his combined totals from the six games before his debut.

I’ve heard Tim Watson say he’s “a natural footballer” but that strikes me as footy talk for “lazy about preparation”

2 Likes

You know it’s not, though.
It’s what I mean when I say ‘can football.’
And I don’t say it about very many players.
Not all of them make it, mind you, but that’s not the point.
Not all skinny arsed athletes make it either.

2 Likes

Exactly. The two things are quite seperate.

Plenty of “natural footballers” at district level. we should exclusively draft from there

Lordo on TR:

Adelaide shouldn’t be selling the farm to get Gibbs, that is silly…however if they don’t land him they probably don’t win a GF.

Good one Lordo.

9 Likes

Stop Speculating

1 Like

You could say the same of Stringer.

They’re jackfruit.

There is movement! Breaking news…after the ad break…not the next one but the one sometime in 4 hours.

L O R D O
O
R
D
O

2 Likes

live interviews of clubs coming into AFL House

How have Port ‘won’ Trade Period. They’ve paid overs for three talented but inconsistent players. They’re every chance to miss the 8.

5 Likes

They have only given up 1 draft pick for 3 players. Pick 31

Too much coin

I’m talking about cold hard cash

And they call us difficult. Freo want a top 4 pick for Weller and knocked back Matera plus 3 picks in the 20’s WTF??

6 Likes

them missing the finals would be delicious after locking their coach in for eternity.

please let this happen as soon as asap possible.

Feels a bit like the initial McCarthy trade failure.

I find it humourous when a club is totally hypocritical.

1 Like