AFL Trade Radio

only 5 hours and 28 minutes left

Yeh but $$$s paid under the salary cap is not real money, it’s magic fairy dust money.

May not rate the draft and want the picks next year.

Or may reckon they can get him to stay

Freo said they see him as one of their best runners and all users. Rate him really highly.

Much like Blues wanting overs for contracted Gibbs. Within their rights to want the same for Weller, that said they are also chasing a contracted Wilson.

Allegedly the Suns are offering Weller a contract of $4 mill over 5 years. If that is true then Freo are NOT asking overs for him, that is elite level money.

3 Likes

Mitch Cleary to update us on all the action of this morning.

It must be a heck of a job to make a short one minute summation of all of the sweet FA that has gone on this morning, Mitch.

2 Likes

Best in the business

2 Likes

Gold Coast have had soooo many draft picks and it has done nothing for them.

They Just need to give up their first round pick for a player that wants to actually be there.

2 Likes

Freo being pretty reasonable there.

You want to go, fine here is the price, suns countered, they stood their ground.

2 Likes

He has already told them he will serve out the 1 year remaining at Freo and walk next year. Was adamant he will be at the Suns in 2019. They will go close to bottom and will get first crack at him

Understand what he’s said, and it’s most likely that he goes. But there’s many reasons that they may want to stick to their guns, and only one of those is that they might really rate him and hope they can change his mind.

It’s also conceivable that they reckon pick 20 next year might be better than pick 10 this year, so are happy to take an apparently reduced return next year if it comes to that. I don’t think anyone is expecting that he’ll go PSD next year, so they’re probably thinking “what’s the price this year that will definitely be better than (say) 25 next year”, which might be the worst they think they’ll get in 12 months.

I know little about Weller, but imagine that they see him somewhat like we might see Parish currently. Ie there’s just no way you’d be giving him up if you didn’t have to.

Bryce Gibbs deal done.

Fark Carlton just farked the Crows

1 Like

Ablett deal almost done

Gee - That’s a lot to pay for Gibbs.

4 year deal for Gibbs lol
Has 2-3 good years left tops

3 Likes

Disagree, I have said he has 4 years left easily. Very very durable player.

1 Like

I think the other implication of the Crow’s deal is they really don’t value draft picks much this year.

They know Sloane is going so have to ensure cover

He’s unrestricted FA next year also