AFL Trade Radio

Did purple just say something about being quietly confident stringer + Saad get done today?

Was Gordon interviewed or were they just quoting him?

Devon up next

Wallace seems to think Essendon has enough currency now to get both Stringer+Saad

1 Like

I don’t think you realise how close that was. Contracted now. We have a future battle on our hands.

Quoting him

I realise how close that was prior to him re-signing with us but now he’s a contracted and we’re bringing players in that will undoubtedly lead to some pretty decent improvement; I think we will win that future battle.

1 Like

As do I. :+1:

2 Likes

Fantasia loves it in Melbourne.

But didn’t he say 2 days ago that Francis would need to be involved to get these deals done?
Clowns.

devon froths the dons

1 Like

the kid signed at the start of this season for another two years. if he had any real inkling of wanting to go hoe he would have put it off till the end of the season. get what youre saying, but think its been put to bed tbh

All u want to hear is…
Stringer deal is done.
Fark Carlton

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-trade-period-day-three-follow-all-the-big-trade-news-and-whispers-october-12-2017/news-story/1d6bce6f83c3c46eeecf79f50c40c46f

KENNEDY TO BLUES IN TROUBLE?

• Sam Landsberger and Sam Edmund

CARLTON has hit a speed bump in its pursuit of Greater Western Sydney midfielder Matthew Kennedy.

The struggle for Kennedy comes after the Blues had the rug pulled from underneath them on Tom Rockliff (Port Adelaide), Devon Smith (Essendon) and almost certainly Adam Saad.

Brisbane Lions are watching closely and have long wanted Kennedy. The Gabba window is ajar because the Blues do not have a second-round selection to satisfy the Giants.

Sources close to Kennedy remain confident a deal with Carlton will eventually get done.

The midfielder recently nominated the Blues as his preferred destination, preferring a move to Melbourne.

A month ago Kennedy told the Lions ‘no’. But as trade period approaches halftime, Kennedy’s current club would prefer to send him north.

The Lions are armed with picks 1, 12, 18 and 19 in next month’s draft.

It is understood Carlton’s future second-round pick is now being discussed as both clubs ponder where the Blues might finish in 2018.

The Blues could yet part with superstar midfielder Bryce Gibbs with Adelaide suddenly stocked with early selections in the next two drafts.

The Crows boast picks 10 and 16 as well as two 2018 first-round picks. They could net another early selection should they trade contracted goalkicker Charlie Cameron to the Lions.

Kennedy wants to come to Melbourne because it is closer to his hometown of Collingullie.

The inside midfielder played 16 games for the Giants this season although did not play in any of the club’s finals.

Blues’ football boss Andy McKay said Kennedy was similar to star Patrick Cripps.

3 Likes

We have 4 2nd round picks - lets offer one of them to GWS.

12 Likes

Let’s offer their own second rounder back to them.

19 Likes

DO IT

1 Like

Yes, 100%!

1 Like

Listening to one of them is hard.

5 Likes

SWOOP IN

1 Like