AFLW - round 2 vs Fark Carlton @ North Port Oval, 11:10am Sunday 4 September 2022

We are really feeling the lack of input from Fede Frew. She may need someone to take her aside and try to get her up to speed with the AFL v the VFL cause she seems to struggle with the pace of the other girls

Funny thing is that Alexander is on output our best small forward right now.

(Scott is in better form, but she plays ā€œbiggerā€ than Alexander.)

Frew has been very uncoā€¦ but has also almost kicked 5 goals.

In a debut season, that isnā€™t a huge issue. We know she has the talent. Itā€™ll work itself out.

2 Likes

Agree wholeheartedly. Iā€™m a fan but there is no doubt she is just off the pace.

1 Like

Iā€™d be holding back on Fede comments at this stage.

From my view, the quality of ball into the forward 50 has not been to the standard/speed of the VFLW.

When I saw this dinky little kicks up the wing in the 3rd quarter, I was thinking ā€œthis is going to give our crumbers bugger all chance to do somethingā€.

2 Likes

Took the wife and girls (x3) to their first AFLW game today (I have worked at heaps of them, theyā€™d never been). I have to say how much better it is having a team to follow now, and bought the eldest her first guernsey. She has never shown much interest in the AFL, she liked Walla and Joe D (and eventually threw away his badge when he left haha) but mainly liked them coz I shouted their names a lot over the years. She hadnā€™t wanted to go to an AFL game the last 4-5 years, but thank goodness for AFLW, we had a great day! Would have been even better with a win, but so nice having a vested interest now.

8 Likes

Iā€™m proud of what we showed in the last quarter today. Started well, finished well. Fair bit to work out in between. Caught a fair bit with no one ahead of the footy (as mentioned Bonnie taking a lot of grabs down the line with no one ahead of her). Should have made something of those repeat inside 50s after Madsā€™ goal. Hope Doonan isnā€™t beating herself up too much, she worked bloody hard to even get in those scoring positions. Ground level forwards need to generally be a bit cleaner, defenders need to hold their composure more. We wonā€™t have to worry about the ruck issue as much next week but back to the grindstone against Richmond with Seymour and Kelly.

2 Likes

Wheelchair finals donā€™t start till next Sunday, so we lost the weekend.

Hereā€™s another ladder, with us second.

Score and fantasy points are certainly not directly correlated, though! We are effecient.

And despite all that shes created chances but looks like she may be trying too hard atm. I feel like itā€™ll happen for her in a big way fairly soon.

The way we can kick goals in a hurryā€¦ especially in this comp we wonā€™t be out of many games this year

2 Likes

@theDJR when are you back?

Iā€™ll be back for the Grand Final, only.

Itā€™s up to you to get them there.

2 Likes

Hmm, challenging, but I like a challenge. I had @nackers drop by the hill and this coincided with our fight back. Might need a few more to help out.

3 Likes

I ran into @nackers outside the ground after the game. Bit bloody late to win then!

I blame it all on @CJohns. I went along to catch up with him but he couldnā€™t make it.
His support would have got us over the line.

1 Like

Yes it seems Fatherā€™s Day in the end did not allow me permission to go.

Coaches agree with me on BOG and the top three Bombers.

10 Breann Moody (CARL) = 5+5
7 Madison Prespakis (ESS) = 4+3
5 Mimi Hill (CARL) = 4+1 or 3+2
4 Darcy Vescio (CARL) = 2+2 or 4+0
3 Bonnie Toogood (ESS) = 3+0 or 2+1
1 Stephanie Cain (ESS) = 1+0

LEADERBOARD

20 Jasmine Garner NMFC
17 Madison Prespakis ESS
= 17 Georgie Prespakis GEEL
= 17 Ellie Blackburn WB
= 17 Amy McDonald GEEL