AFLW - round 6 vs Cats @ bloody Warrnambool, 1:05pm Sunday 8 October 2023

This is our “home” game, for the second season in a row. For some reason the “away” team is always Geelong.

1 Like

Top half of player averages:

Firstly, WARF Radio will be covering the game live from Warrnambool!

Secondly, if like me you’d like to take the train, the morning train leaves Southern Cross at 6:55am and arrives in Warrnambool at 10:45am.

The return train leaves Warrnambool about 5:30pm and arrives at Southern Cross at 9pm.

Return trip is about $7 for adults and about $3.50 for concession, due to the new daily fare cap for all of the state.

2 Likes

But, is it a real train and not a bus replacement?

The game last year was tied at the final break; and then Chloe Scheer kicked 2.3 in the final quarter and that was the winning margin.

Maddy Prespakis had 37 disposals and 10 clearances; Georgie Prespakis did not play.

Toogood vs McDonald should be quality.

This game is exactly the reason why the season needs to be longer. Having one of our five home games in Warrnambool is annoying! 17 rounds or we riot.

4 Likes

A real train, and I even reserved my ticket :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sophie Alexander has been cleared of a concussion/neck injury by the club. Not sure if the AFL will agree on the first part of that.

1 Like

Maddy Prespakis → 50th AFLW game

Georgie Prespakis → 25th AFLW game

4 Likes

No surgery for Barba… at this stage.

Alexander likely available.

Name Injury Weeks
Sophie Van De Heuvel Concussion Test
Lily-Rose Williamson Ankle 3-4
Alana Barba Ankle (Syndesmosis) 5-6

Don’t get exited yet, it’s a Sunday squad only.

ESSENDON

In: M.Van Dyke, S.Van De Heuvel, R.Tierney, D.Marshall
Out: J.Wuetschner (injured)

Milestone: Madison Prespakis - 50 games

GEELONG

In: S.Scott, G.Featherston, R.Kearns, O.Fuller
Out: M.Bragg (omitted)

If you think the order of the interchange bench counts – it is actually reasonable to think the first-named five would play – then Busch is out (and Marshall can continue to twiddle her thumbs).

Nanscawen = forward pocket, Amber = rover.

Like, completely the opposite of the most recent game.

All I can think about now is the poor bloke who flew out here from Arizona to watch the woman who babysat his kids sit on the bench for three straight weeks.

2 Likes

MARSHALL NAMED ALREADY!

Catch is Brown is out injured.

I was right re: Busch.

In: S.Van De Heuvel, M.Van Dyke, D.Marshall
Out: B.Brown (calf), M.Busch (omitted), J.Wuetschner (calf)

1 Like

GEELONG

In: S.Scott, R.Kearns
Out: M.Bragg (omitted), R.Garing (omitted)

Geelong veteran Shelley Scott will play for the first time this season after a five-week calf injury, with Rachel Kearns having recovered from knee soreness. Mel Bragg and Renee Garing have been omitted.

Oh great, she gets a game in the sticks.

1 Like

Is the Geelong Prespakis as good as her sister? WSPHU.