Ahmed Saad

I still would like to know if Saad was BOG in the game where he got busted.

I always have wondered about players getting a needle to kill pain during a game, as to why this is not performance enhancing, and I saw Judd get a needle this year in a game, where he was playing poorly in the first half and then after the break he came out and dominated for ten minutes. scum won the game due to this Judd moment.

I always have wondered about players getting a needle to kill pain during a game, as to why this is not performance enhancing, and I saw Judd get a needle this year in a game, where he was playing poorly in the first half and then after the break he came out and dominated for ten minutes. scum won the game due to this Judd moment.

The arguement is that you aren't enhancing their performance beyond their normal capabilities.

The arguement is that you aren't enhancing their performance beyond their normal capabilities.

It has been stated in the past that jabs are performance enabling as against performance enhancing. To me it seems to be a very fine line.

It has been stated in the past that jabs are performance enabling as against performance enhancing. To me it seems to be a very fine line.

That's what I was looking for, couldn't remember the term.

It is a grey area, would have to come down to the choice of the organisation whether to ban it or not.

Probably should have read the entire page of replies.

You know whats worse? If he came to Essendon, he would be the best small forward we have.

You mean apart from that three time premiership player and Norm Smith Medalist, Paul Chapman, he seems more than capable of playing as a small forward.

You know whats worse? If he came to Essendon, he would be the best small forward we have.

You mean apart from that three time premiership player and Norm Smith Medalist, Paul Chapman, he seems more than capable of playing as a small forward.

Is he a crumbing small forward though? Or a midfield/high-forward? I'm talking geniune forward pocket goal sneak

Pathetic by St Kilda I reckon. Thought they would've learnt after Lovett.

The bloke would be going through a rough time and now they delist him because a mistake (that wasn't overly silly - the rules are ambiguous and bulldust) might land him in trouble.

He's no Justin Charles. I'd like to think that if one of our blokes was in the same situation we'd back him to the hilt.

While St Kilda is a complete rabble of a club, I'm not sure exactly what else they are meant to do here.

It is obvious given the cirumstances and previous cases (the VFL guy who was rubbed out for 2 years simply because he ordered one of these energy drink things with a banned substance over the Internet and had it delivered to his home, ASADA had no evidence he actually used it - ie no positive test), he is clearly looking at a 2 year ban.

What are they meant to do, when the tribunal have already indicated that it could/most likely will be weeks until they reach a decision over his punishment. What if they wait and then 6 weeks down the track after all the drafts are done and dusted, they find out he has been rubbed out for 2 years, wait until then to delist him, and then have an empty spot on their list?

They have already stated they are going to continue supporting him and might rookie him, I think that is about the most he could have hoped for given the circumstances. The fact is that while it appears that it was an innocent mistake, he admitted he acted alone, sourced his own energy drink/supplement/ used this substance and in the process breached the anti-doping rules and as such will be punished under those rules.

It is not like he took it to the Club Doctor or rang ASADA to see check that it was legal for him to use.

Victim of his own ignorance.

Is he a crumbing small forward though? Or a midfield/high-forward? I'm talking geniune forward pocket goal sneak

I think his most recent game proved that he can play as a very effective crumbing forward.

When he gets his penalty does that mean he can’t play any sport at any level.

would rather have Dell then Saad to be honest.

Surely Stkilda could rookie list him at least for one year. Kepp him around the club- keep his spirits up. You wouldn't want him suffering any mental health issues by being turfed out.

Saad signed a 2 year contract extension in March this year.  Delisted in November. 

If the AFLPA doesn't speak out about this then what are they there for?

Extenuating circumstances means they won't bat an eyelid, plus Saints would've promised him a rookie spot unless the penalty is handed down before then.

Finish your
h1haQDB.png

And fark off

And yet as someone pointed out on here, caffeine was a banned substance until they figured out they couldn't police it enough.

And I would still like to know, in what area of his test results spiked past the normal non cheating amounts, to get him busted, and compare it to our players who had a sustained supposed drug cheating environment, yet no tests have resulted in any players samples returning a positive test.

If one pissy little energy drink can spike one players tests over the legal amount of whatever, surely our players would have failed drug tests, even just one player.

And yet as someone pointed out on here, caffeine was a banned substance until they figured out they couldn't police it enough.

And I would still like to know, in what area of his test results spiked past the normal non cheating amounts, to get him busted, and compare it to our players who had a sustained supposed drug cheating environment, yet no tests have resulted in any players samples returning a positive test.
If one pissy little energy drink can spike one players tests over the legal amount of whatever, surely our players would have failed drug tests, even just one player.

And I keep asking, what benefit did he get? Was he BOG in that game, kick ten goals or what. All a load of crap.
Judd had a needle at halftime and ripped a game apart. He went into the match with injury, so either he should not have played or is a farken cheat.

And I keep asking, what benefit did he get? Was he BOG in that game, kick ten goals or what. All a load of crap.
Judd had a needle at halftime and ripped a game apart. He went into the match with injury, so either he should not have played or is a farken cheat.

As I said earlier, the reason it is probably banned is because some Einstein in Europe or Asia  or here will find a loophole to make it performance enhancing without it being illegal. They'll use whatever the amount below the legal limit and mix it with something else below the legal limit and will be cleared.

And do we know if he took one energy drink or multiple drinks? What if he took 10 drinks on matchday to give him that 3-hour boost (or whatever it does for you)?

If we didn't de-list Davey he would't be.

If we didn't de-list Davey he would't be.

But we did, so....

Finish your
h1haQDB.png
And fark off

But the vikings were such a kind and gentle people.