Ahmed Saad

The thing in the drink that saad took is the same thing that asafa Powell is in trouble for. It is a type of amphetamine that works similarly to ephedrine, it promotes the release of adrenalin, increases heart and is basically just a kick ■■■■ stimulant. I don't know the dosses required to illicit these effects and I don't know how much of the stuff was in the drink or how much he drunk but he took on match to give him a pep up and he is going to get smashed for it

And because he is the "ambassador" or something for the company, ASADA will be even harsher dealing with him because if anyone knew when and when not to use it, it was Saad.  That's what they'll say anyway.

If St Kilda end up delisting the guy, it's a harsh outcome for him, deliberate consumption or not.

I read that the substance has been banned since August 2012 by the TGA for use in dietary supplements because of its potential harmful side effects, I assume its use in energy drinks will be illegal also. If true, I don't know why the company is still allowed to sell that particular product.
In any case, Saad is going to cop the maximum for being careless and stupid.

I doubt that Saad has much hope of receiving much reduction from 2 years, but its important to realise that the substance is only banned on match day. Take 6 days a week and it comes back as a negative test.

I am interested in whether Saad will sue the company ?

What does Richard have to say about this?

Saad acted alone.

No the fridge and the drink bottle were in on it too. Aiding and abetting

Surely he would’ve known what was in this stuff, if he was promoting it? Surely someone at the club has a quick check over the player’s promotional contracts?

Surely he would've known what was in this stuff, if he was promoting it? Surely someone at the club has a quick check over the player's promotional contracts?

did they ever let on out who the "other player" was that was being investigated? i always figured it was Trengovey, but maybe it was Saad?

Bock, wasn’t it?

Bock, wasn't it?

Yep.

Bock, wasn't it?

Yep.

Who was working with Dank and Robinson... But on is own.

Bock, wasn't it?

Yep.

Trengovey was listed by Dank as a player who took some AOD9604, either the cream form or something else. I thought Bock was a different drug?

Bock, wasn't it?

Yep.

Who also actually produced a positive test didn't he?

Bock, wasn't it?

Yep.

Trengovey was listed by Dank as a player who took some AOD9604, either the cream form or something else. I thought Bock was a different drug?

Bock has been linked to CJC-whatever, which is the same stuff Sandor Earl used and received a infraction notice by the NRL for.

From what I remember the stuff Saad took (one type of stimulant in protein powder) was only banned on 'match days' but he could take it when training. What a joke. It's either banned outright, or it isn't.

I’m guessing it’s a stimulant with a short window of effectiveness (or completely unproven whether it works at all)

Different drugs work (or don’t) in different ways, it makes sense the rules governing them reflect that.

He was an ambassador for the company? Sounds a bit sus to me.
Can't see anyway he can get off this, don't really care TBH, surely these guys are told you basically can't take anything unless we tell you to.

Doesn't he also work with Houli in an Ambassadoral role for the AFL.  In which case they will probably throw the book at him.  Examples are extremely important to the AFL.

Bock, wasn't it?

Yep.

Yeh but he plays for Melbourne so its ok.

Has been de-listed…

Has been de-listed....

Hope he is not going to hand deliver the paperwork personally. Could be 2017 by the time he finishes walking there.

St Kilda delists Ahmed Saad as forward faces prospective two-year ban for banned stimulant

Updated 1 hour 32 minutes ago

St Kilda has delisted forward Ahmed Saad, who faces a prospective two-year ban for testing positive to a banned stimulant.

Saad fronted an AFL anti-doping hearing last week after testing positive to the stimulant contained in an energy drink during the 2013 season.

Any ban would prevent Saad from playing or training with the Saints, with a maximum two-year suspension ruling the 24-year-old out of the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

The Saints say they will continue to work with Saad throughout his current hearing with the AFL tribunal.

The club says it can still list Saad as a rookie but cannot make that decision until the tribunal hands down its findings.

"Ahmed and the club are awaiting on a conclusion to his hearing before the tribunal and we will work closely with him during and after that process," St Kilda list manager Ameet Bains said in a statement.

The Saints have three early selections at three, 18 and 19 in next week's national draft.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-14/st-kilda-de-lists-ahmed-saad/5091256?section=sport

Pathetic by St Kilda I reckon. Thought they would've learnt after Lovett.

The bloke would be going through a rough time and now they delist him because a mistake (that wasn't overly silly - the rules are ambiguous and bulldust) might land him in trouble.

He's no Justin Charles. I'd like to think that if one of our blokes was in the same situation we'd back him to the hilt.

You know whats worse? If he came to Essendon, he would be the best small forward we have.