Akermanis at Essendon?

Hes a bit of an ego attention media seeker, That's the only bit that worries me. Im sure he's OK with the footy stuff and nothing breeds success like success. He knows what it takes, som from that side he'd be very good
Like Voss or Leppitsch (or Gary Buckenara or Ken Judge) have amply proven.

Or 0 time premiership player Alastair Clarkson.

Found out a bit more about old mate Aker on the weekend. Wouldn't let a couple of kids play cricket and told them footy had to come first if they wanted to play senior footy.

NACC and NAFC haven’t always got along, but under Aker it’s got worse according to a couple of the cricketers on the weekend. Fair to say they’re not enamored with him or his relationship building skills…

That's hardly a new thing? Pretty standard once footy hits a certain level. Final decision is up to the players, but generally, if the footy's paying them and cricket's not, the footy wins out.

It’s not really widespread around this area. Most clubs are ok with it. Truth be told there are probably only a few around here that could actually play first grade cricket and senior footy in the O&M anyway, so I suppose it’s a big deal when it does happen.

Found out a bit more about old mate Aker on the weekend. Wouldn't let a couple of kids play cricket and told them footy had to come first if they wanted to play senior footy.

NACC and NAFC haven’t always got along, but under Aker it’s got worse according to a couple of the cricketers on the weekend. Fair to say they’re not enamored with him or his relationship building skills…

Brem I reckon you should go and talk to the NA Bowls Club/NA Sports Club…they would give you a fair indication of the state of play between the relevant sporting bodies and the footy club.

Is it as bad as I’ve heard or am I being fed pork pies by their cricketers? I only really hear the scuttlebutt from them once or twice a summer over a beer or two at stumps. They never paint a rosy picture.

They may have made it sound worse but there are a few problems. The Sports Club, as you know, went through administration, and they are the ones in the middle. Albury City owns the ground and and can be contrary but it is the sub clubs that are doing most of the infighting. Bowls v Footy v Cricket v members and all Aker does is become the cherry on top when he opens his mouth.

bordermail.com.au/story/3515123/aker-misses-dons-job/

Shame…

Shame…

Thank fck for that!

Dodged a bullet

Shame…

Thank fck for that!

Reckon he only got an interview because he told the press he’d applied. Doubt he was ever a serious chance.

“I’m a little surprised.
I think whoever did get the job may have had some inside running which might have gone against me."

Whatever works for you Aker.

Negative tension

I like the idea, and reckon we would be lucky to snare him.
First of all he will have serious oversight, esp in wake of asada, Woosha and senior coaches will be watching close, and even if he is bad, how bad can he be? Does not do drugs or drink, not a wild boy at all, but will encourage flair. And of course, all the players will love him being there.
If he is good, and he turned the Mildura team around, then fabulous. He will drive work ethic harder, and players will take it on, more than most other coaches, and probably be listened to when he has something to say.
I don’t know if he was really such a ■■■■ - just had clash with Lethal after winning him 3 flags, and was wrong age for doggies, needed to be his own boss.
And he is interesting, new perspectives, maybe a gold mine. Who knows, he does 5 years under Woosha…

Yeah nah

“I’m a little surprised. I think whoever did get the job may have had some inside running which might have gone against me."

Whatever works for you Aker.

This is why some people shouldn’t be even let near the joint. He’s a deluded narcissistic flipwit, has to deflect anything he doesn’t win into a paranoid conspiracy against him. We have enough trouble with the people actually out to get us to start creating new ones.
Seems to be the first AFL job he’s applied for. Not to mention last.

He’s been trying to get into AFL coaching since he retired and is in a perpetual state of shock that there are no takers.

Disbelieving that he didn’t get the job. Obviously a senior coach in waiting.

/s

I like the idea, and reckon we would be lucky to snare him. First of all he will have serious oversight, esp in wake of asada, Woosha and senior coaches will be watching close, and even if he is bad, how bad can he be? Does not do drugs or drink, not a wild boy at all, but will encourage flair. And of course, all the players will love him being there. If he is good, and he turned the Mildura team around, then fabulous. He will drive work ethic harder, and players will take it on, more than most other coaches, and probably be listened to when he has something to say. I don't know if he was really such a ■■■■ - just had clash with Lethal after winning him 3 flags, and was wrong age for doggies, needed to be his own boss. And he is interesting, new perspectives, maybe a gold mine. Who knows, he does 5 years under Woosha....

Are you 100% on that?

I like the idea, and reckon we would be lucky to snare him. First of all he will have serious oversight, esp in wake of asada, Woosha and senior coaches will be watching close, and even if he is bad, how bad can he be? Does not do drugs or drink, not a wild boy at all, but will encourage flair. And of course, all the players will love him being there. If he is good, and he turned the Mildura team around, then fabulous. He will drive work ethic harder, and players will take it on, more than most other coaches, and probably be listened to when he has something to say. I don't know if he was really such a ■■■■ - just had clash with Lethal after winning him 3 flags, and was wrong age for doggies, needed to be his own boss. And he is interesting, new perspectives, maybe a gold mine. Who knows, he does 5 years under Woosha....

Strange you should post this content ER, after Jase himself conceded he missed the job. Lucky to snare him ? He was trying to snare us !

Ranting like a raving mad pisspot when you're stone cold sober is not exactly a point in his favour.
Ranting like a raving mad pisspot when you're stone cold sober is not exactly a point in his favour.

98% Blood/Bathwater level.

No, Its not Aker, thankfully, its Dan Jordan, from the Essendon VFL coaching talent bin.