Akermanis at Essendon?

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

We could do a lot worse.

Go on …

Okay.

I mentioned above that the only other current applicant rumoured to be going for the role is recently retired player James Kelly - in other words someone with no experience of coaching in any capacity.

Be like us approaching Chappy and saying here stay and you can do this job.

I reckon a coaching panel featuring 0 first year coaches and four guys with senior coaching experience could just about afford to give someone with no experience a shot in a development role.

This and the fact that of all footballing positions a recently retired player could move straight into, with limited experience, this would be the most natural.

It’s basically an extension of what some good players/leaders at clubs are probably already doing with younger players. Just more intense & focused on individual player needs.

Kelly seems like a good bloke and if he’s serious about coaching it would be a good platform for him to be developed too.

Would you question someone like Fletch in the same role. Hell no, you’d get him to name his price/terms and sign him up ASAP.

Fark no to Aker.

I’m still shaking my head…

Would rather we get Fev and Capper.
With Aker we get both.........

A Fapper.

We could do a lot worse.

Go on …

Okay.

I mentioned above that the only other current applicant rumoured to be going for the role is recently retired player James Kelly - in other words someone with no experience of coaching in any capacity.

Be like us approaching Chappy and saying here stay and you can do this job.

Giving Chappy the job actually sounds like a pretty good idea to me. It’s not the senior coaching job after all.

Crikey.

Red and Blakermanis.

Was a mighty good player.
And mad as a wheel

Did Pazz accidentally just have a good idea?

Some attributes that make a good coach?

A leader.
A man players take seriously
A man respected by the players.
A man feared by the players .

Pass or fail?

Some other attributes

Experienced success
Sets high expectations on himself and those around him
Innovates and thinks outside the square

We can all play this game

A leader.

Pass or fail?

Some other attributes

Experienced success

Clearly from the look of him he can face both black and white issues…

If he was applying at ■■■■ Carlton we’d be in hysterics

If hes coached well up country then you probably cut him some slack. He might be a tactical genius. Who knows.

If he was applying at ■■■■ Carlton we'd be in hysterics
Nailed it.

Have we folded yet?

AFL Jason Akermanis in mix for coaching job at Essendon

November 10, 2015 5:02pm
Sam LandsbergerHerald Sun

JASON Akermanis is in the mix for a coaching job at Essendon.

The Bombers will interview Akermanis for a development role next Wednesday, with the Brownlow medallist hoping to work under new VFL coach Matthew Egan.

If successful it would be Akermanis’s first position in the AFL since his playing career finished at the Western Bulldogs in 2010.

The triple-premiership star has coached North Albury in the Ovens and Murray League since 2013, leading the embattled club from last to the finals in one season.

Akermanis has completed the Level 2 coaching course and effectively took over North Albury, running the fitness, weights, football, psychology and recruiting programs.

It is believed the outspoken Hall of Fame inductee would work with the Bombers’ first to third-year players and he has already spoken to new senior coach John Worsfold.

Akermanis, 38, told Adelaide radio last month he had also spoken to Crows boss Andrew Fagan about a position at Adelaide.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jason-akermanis-in-mix-for-coaching-job-at-essendon/news-story/714d35d215959b625a0b9c1dd675561a

If hes coached well up country then you probably cut him some slack. He might be a tactical genius. Who knows.

Didn’t he get on ‘social media’ and berate an umpire (a junior one) and a few others? Sounds like someone we deserve at the moment.

Please no.

A leader.

Pass or fail?

Some other attributes

Experienced success

Sorry Allblack, the attributes you mention whilst good, are useless without the attributes I listed.

F**king imbecile fantastic player one of my top 50 but top 10 space cadet