Akermanis at Essendon?

Some attributes that make a good coach?

A leader.
A man players take seriously
A man respected by the players.
A man feared by the players .

Pass or fail?

Would rather we get Fev and Capper.

My God! Haven’t we been punished enough already?

As critical as I’ve been of the club, I honestly don’t believe their judgement is at the pre-kindergarten level that would be required to even consider putting Akermanis on in an official role. And by that I mean selling the raffle tickets for the colour tv.

This would be the only possible way to top our efforts at giving Pears another year.

As critical as I've been of the club, I honestly don't believe their judgement is at the pre-kindergarten level that would be required to even consider putting Akermanis on in an official role. And by that I mean selling the raffle tickets for the colour tv.

The only other rumoured applicant for the job is James Kelly.

This would be the only possible way to top our efforts at giving Pears another year.

Harsh on Tayte.

Every time Caro calls the club for an interview we could roll out Steve Prices protege…
That alone would be worth the salary

We could do a lot worse.

Go on …

Channel 10 reported tonight that he has applied for the role.

Beat up over nothing.

Was a mighty good player.

…and therefore?

… and therefore … was a mighty fine player …

We could do a lot worse.

Go on …

Okay.

I mentioned above that the only other current applicant rumoured to be going for the role is recently retired player James Kelly - in other words someone with no experience of coaching in any capacity.

Be like us approaching Chappy and saying here stay and you can do this job.

Please God, make it stop…

he might actually teach are small forwards how to be front and centre in a pack mark contest

We could do a lot worse.
We did, yesterday!
We could do a lot worse.

Go on …

Okay.

I mentioned above that the only other current applicant rumoured to be going for the role is recently retired player James Kelly - in other words someone with no experience of coaching in any capacity.

Be like us approaching Chappy and saying here stay and you can do this job.

I reckon a coaching panel featuring 0 first year coaches and four guys with senior coaching experience could just about afford to give someone with no experience a shot in a development role.

Is anyone else finding that there is probably to much media focus on our club? Every time something happens, it's online or in the papers, and you don't hear about other clubs!
No.

If you read Blitz every half hour, then yes. There is a lot of media about our club bevause posters here help spread it around.

I haven’t been online since the morning and hadn’t heard this at all.
I’ve listened to the radio (which I usually steer clear of) and there has been very little about us. A lot about the WADA / Russia thing and how cricket can get a better crowd to a game in New York than in Brisbane but not much about us. Certainly nothing about Aker.

he was essentially pushed out of 2 clubs cos his ego and head believe he is bigger than everything else involved in the sport, why the ■■■■ would anyone want that in a coach ?

no one doubt his attributes as a player, however he is a disruptive and destructive force that we nor anyone doesn’t really need.

Love it.

Shane Warne certainly said many a thing to ■■■■ people off at times but as a tactician and coach he was very highly regarded.

Could easily have been captain. They just simply couldn’t make him so due to image/optics.

Some left field thinking would be good to have about IMO. Worked for us with Sheeds.

But in what capacity would Aker be on with us?

I’d rather him as fwd coach over Skippy which appears to be the way things may be ending up. 3x premierships, brownlow medal, all australian. All with much of his time spent fwd.

It seems the only spot left however is in development working under Egan… I’m not sure that would be right fit/dynamic however… But who knows. Apparently been doing good things with the team coaching in his own right.

Perhaps the only way Aker will get an opportunity at AFL level is working in development first.

From all reports he is not a quality person.

The sixty thousand dollar question is will Rob Kerr thank him for his professionalism after we select somebody else? I can imagine the statement:

“We would like to thank the other candidates for their professionalism and we thank one other candidate for his disappointment handstand.”