Alex Browne

He is one player I don't understand as to why he has stayed.

That's not a statement of his ability or potential, merely the fact that he could probably walk into most clubs, and probably play more senior games than he does with us.

I'll give the club credit for being able to convince younger players that they are wanted and needed, without actually giving them playing time in the seniors.

He is one player I don't understand as to why he has stayed.
That's not a statement of his ability or potential, merely the fact that he could probably walk into most clubs, and probably play more senior games than he does with us.
I'll give the club credit for being able to convince younger players that they are wanted and needed, without actually giving them playing time in the seniors.

He's never really been fit. It's not like he played season after season in the VFL with no reward.
Had he not done his knee, I dare say he'd have played most games this year.

Great decision by the club. Especially when you consider he knocked back a 2 year deal from at least 2 clubs last year and settled for a 1 year deal at Essendon in order to try and cement his spot.

It is great to see that loyalty still somewhat exist in today's game.
Oh and... MASS EXODUS

No exodus...other clubs don't want our players. Right Caro?

Love the way the family stuck by Essendon. Good luck to Alex.

At the risk of changing direction of the thread, he’d be the perfect candidate to put pressure on Melksham or Howlett or Jackson

The game where he got injured during the pre-season... I thought he was one of the BOG up until that point.

Kid goes alright, and has had bugger all uninjured time to work on his game.

He's a great prospect, but is now heading into Gumbleton territory where just getting on the park is an achievement.  

Would have played a fair bit of senior footy this year Imo. Matured on and off field. Really hoping he gets an injury-free run at it from September onwards. Small advantage to a bad event is that he did it so early in 2014 that he can hit 2015 with a normal, full preseason under his belt.

The game where he got injured during the pre-season... I thought he was one of the BOG up until that point.

He's a great prospect, but is now heading into Gumbleton territory where just getting on the park is an achievement.  

Sorry, and I'd love to be corrected, but wasn't it early on and he might have had 3 touches to that point?

Sorry, and I'd love to be corrected, but wasn't it early on and he might have had 3 touches to that point?

Those are del olio type stats.........................sorry couldn't resist.

Yeah, had about 2 touches and did nothing. That isn't to say I don't rate him as I've seen glimpses in his few AFL games that I thought showed real talent but that game is not a great (or even good) example.Perhaps it was another game sam was thinking of.

Yeah, had about 2 touches and did nothing. That isn't to say I don't rate him as I've seen glimpses in his few AFL games that I thought showed real talent but that game is not a great (or even good) example.Perhaps it was another game sam was thinking of.

He actually had 5 possessions and 1 tackle. Was off injured before qtr time.

Was not hobbling anywhere near as bad as he was the other week 

a better sign? 

Sat in front of me today at the VFL. Seemed to move alright which is good to see. 

Not uncommon to do a hammy in rehab after doing a knee.

courtney Dempsey board >> 

He actually had 5 possessions and 1 tackle. Was off injured before qtr time.

Got back to this thread late, so apologies for interrupting the lollingwood smashing.
Yes it was that game. Yes he was off early. But you know how you watch a preseason game and you haven't got your eye in yet, and I kept going "oh well done, who was that". Watched replay and worked out it was Browne. He didn't play for long, but when he did I felt he was influential. I just like the way he goes about his footy, and I'm sure we have a decent player if he can string some matches together.

Bring him in for the GF

Keep please he’s had a shocking run with injury. Think he will fill Melks role but be better

The hype around Browne is massive. I had to go back 12 months to find a thread for him. Get yourselves ready for some Browne love, because this kid can play. He’s also got a bit of mongrel in him, which is something our team is short of.

I still remember in his first game he was sub against Melbourne on a friday night at the G… Within 5min of coming on he was already trying to start a scuffle. Liked him since that moment.

Really hope he does well tomorrow. He has earned his chance through consistent hard work.

I still remember in his first game he was sub against Melbourne on a friday night at the G.. Within 5min of coming on he was already trying to start a scuffle. Liked him since that moment.

Really hope he does well tomorrow. He has earned his chance through consistent hard work.

Same Robbo. Also remember him smashing in against Adelaide in the wet. He’s cut from the right stuff.

I was shattered for him when he did the knee. He looked primed for a big season. I think he’s got the traits to impact the seniors more than NOB or Kav. Fingers crossed he gets a 3-4 game run to find his feet.