All Things Podcast

Due either to there not one existing already or my complete inability to use the search function, I thought I could start a thread on podcasts and those we have found interesting.

At the moment I am listening the Blueprint For Armageddon, a 6 part series on WWI and II from the Hardcore History.
http://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/

It’s incredibly addictive in the sense it seems to be more from the point of view of those who went through it, quoting their own accounts of what happened. It takes you away from the typical historian’s interpretation on what happened, which is usually slanted with all that has happened since, and really brings home how different these two wars were compared to anything that had gone on before, how unprepared all sides were and how ridiculously long all sides took to react to all of these new ways of fighting. There are only 6 in this series, but they are all at least 3 hours long so lots of good listening.

He has done another one on the Mongols so I will give that a listen next I think.

Amplified

This American Life

Freakanomics

looking for more...I've been listening to them in the car because I don't want to be assailed by anti-Essendon oxygen thieves or politics.

1 Like

And I've just subscribed to some Slow-spoken news in Spanish (Spain and Latin America), Dan Carlin and Bill Burr.

Amplified

This American Life

Freakanomics

looking for more...I've been listening to them in the car because I don't want to be assailed by anti-Essendon oxygen thieves or politics.

Ah, I read Freakanomics years ago. Didn't realise there was  a podcast. Worth a listen?

And yeah, I've found this as a great way to distract from the 'saga.'  

Philip K ■■■■ Philiosophical podcast

Theyare running through in order all of PKD's short stories talking about them and having readings. I enjoy it.

And I've just subscribed to some Slow-spoken news in Spanish (Spain and Latin America), Dan Carlin and Bill Burr.

Dan Carlin's history podcasts are really, really good. He has another one called Common Sense which is all US politics and stuff which is interesting, but not what I'm personally after in a podcast.

ajb show 3 brothers from tasmania....is pretty rubbish.

Dan Carlin's history podcasts are really, really good. He has another one called Common Sense which is all US politics and stuff which is interesting, but not what I'm personally after in a podcast.

Freakanomics episodes vary dramatically in length...but yeah, worth a listen. It's buggy's Bible, after a pulled pork recipe book.

I quite enjoy This American Life...some interesting stuff...most things they do are of real social value.

This American Life is good, even though I've not listened to it in ages.

Planet Money is great. Usually 15 minutes long.

The old (I think 2002 ish) XFM with Ricky, Steve and Karl. 

Blitzcast + NapierStElite, der (but not the other one)
Dr Karl + Dr Karl’s Great Moments in Science
As noted above: Freakonomics, This American Life, Planet Money
The Moth
Radiolab
Skeptoid
99% Invisible
Nerdzilla
Splendid Chaps + Whomix radio

Ricky Gervais with Karl Pilkington + Bomberblitzcast + A WWE one.

free believers network : into the wild

Philip K ■■■■ Philiosophical podcast

Theyare running through in order all of PKD's short stories talking about them and having readings. I enjoy it.

Have they done "The Electric Ant" yet(my fav)?

The old (I think 2002 ish) XFM with Ricky, Steve and Karl. 

That was when Gervais was tolerable.

Now he's just a preachy flog.

Train all day, Joe Rogan podcast all night

Mark Maron. WTF? Gets real with quality guests.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast

Dan Carlin's Hardcore Histories

Amplified

This American Life

Freakanomics

Amplified
This American Life
Freakanomics

You listening to Carlins world war one series? It's pretty in depth, I've never studied it before, but I'm learning heaps.

Amplified
This American Life
Freakanomics

You listening to Carlins world war one series? It's pretty in depth, I've never studied it before, but I'm learning heaps.

Yeah i just finished part 2 this week. It's awesome.