All Things Podcast

Philip K ■■■■ Philiosophical podcast

Theyare running through in order all of PKD's short stories talking about them and having readings. I enjoy it.

Have they done "The Electric Ant" yet(my fav)?

Nope, not yet.

Flop House are very good if you like the movies

This American Life are very well done

Surely everyone has listened to Serial already

TOFOP gives me a laugh

Reply All is just starting but has some good stuff (they even had an interview with original girl from Jennicam)

Bump.

My work is starting up again and I’m gonna be riding trains/walking a lot, so I’m hoping to get into some good podcasts.

I love interview podcasts with comedians, musicians, actors, the kind of interviews that go really in depth of a range of topics. So WTF, You Made It Weird, By The Way, Bret Easton Ellis are all good, as well as indie band ones. Henry Rollins has a new one, so that’s up my alley.

Any cool podcast recommendations?

These are basically my 4 staples.

The Dollop - Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds. Very funny stories from American history.
TOFOP - Wil Anderson and Charlie Clausen (and a lot of talk about Batman)
FOFOP - Wil Anderson and rotating guest hosts. (Daniel Sloss, Dave Anthony are my favourites)
The Jock Reynolds Supercoach Podcast.

I also listen to Stuff You Should Know if they have an interesting topic, Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana, and The Nerdist if the guest is interesting.

Quoted Post

Dan Carlin's Hardcore Histories

Amplified

This American Life

Freakanomics

You listening to Carlins world war one series? It's pretty in depth, I've never studied it before, but I'm learning heaps.
Wish he'd hurry up and get the next one out.

I found Thor’s Angels good…about the “Dark Ages” with Clovis, Charlemagne, the Vandals and the Goths.

Quoted Post

These are basically my 4 staples.

The Dollop - Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds. Very funny stories from American history.
TOFOP - Wil Anderson and Charlie Clausen (and a lot of talk about Batman)
FOFOP - Wil Anderson and rotating guest hosts. (Daniel Sloss, Dave Anthony are my favourites)
The Jock Reynolds Supercoach Podcast.

I also listen to Stuff You Should Know if they have an interesting topic, Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana, and The Nerdist if the guest is interesting.

Cool, thanks. I'll give The Dollop and Stuff You Should Know a try for starters. Oh yeah, I've listened to The Nerdist before. I forgot about that one.

I’d still suggest those from the OP. Rogan is a great way to kill time if the guest is the right one, and you can handle Rogan’s personality.

Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History is still the best podcast on the Internet IMO. The Mongols series is a must.

For something local, ‘I love Green Guide Letters’ is pretty funny, with heaps of great local guests, and ‘the little dum dum club’ goes alright.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Amplified

This American Life

Freakanomics

You listening to Carlins world war one series? It's pretty in depth, I've never studied it before, but I'm learning heaps.

I found Thor’s Angels good…about the “Dark Ages” with Clovis, Charlemagne, the Vandals and the Goths.

Have you done Prophets Of Doom? About the seige in Munster? That’s intense, especially when he describes the torture methods. Man…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Amplified

This American Life

Freakanomics

Have you done Prophets Of Doom? About the seige in Munster? That’s intense, especially when he describes the torture methods. Man…

Yep. American Peril was good too. Just watched a BBC doco about Genghis Khan. That was good but just covered him rather than the whole Mongol Empire.

The Munster one added a hell of lot to my knowledge about the Luther times. Sure, the Catholic Church needed to be knocked down a peg or seventy-three but what grew up in their place was often much, much worse…as we’re now seeing in the US.

Excellent! Plenty to keep me busy.

If you want Dan Carlin’s full collection, you might want about 3 trips around Oz…some of them are 4 hours long.

The stone cold steve austin podcasts that he does and occasionally the jim ross podcast.

Quoted Post

The stone cold steve austin podcasts that he does and occasionally the jim ross podcast.

Jim Cornette: the best angry promos in the business!

How Did This Get Made - taking the ■■■■ out of bad movies

No Such Thing As A Fish - QI researchers with their most interesting facts from researching that weeks show

I continue to be amazed (and horrified) that otherwise intelligent people are obsessed with wrestling.

Quoted Post

I continue to be amazed (and horrified) that otherwise intelligent people are obsessed with wrestling.

Mark.

Rush Hour - Billy Brownless & Brayshaw.
The Traders - NAB AFL Fantasy
The Age Grouper - Triathlon podcast.
Trail Runner Nation
Grill Team

Quoted Post

How Did This Get Made - taking the ■■■■ out of bad movies

No Such Thing As A Fish - QI researchers with their most interesting facts from researching that weeks show

They both sound ace!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Jim Cornette: the best angry promos in the business!

Oh yeh i forgot about cornette. I could listen to him rant for hours

Above & Beyond-Group Therapy

It’s trance and progressive tunage. Most people probably wouldn’t think too much of it. But I’m a big fan.