Alwyn Davey 100 games

I always like to see him in the team.  Even when he doesn't get much of the ball himself, he always worried and chases the opposition defenders and puts them under pressure, as well as often trapping the ball in our forward line.  He deserves to be a 100 game player.

Still remember his first season, was awesome. Then got his arm broken by the dog tenace i think it was.
I just wish after 99 games his fellow players would understand he isn't 6 foot! Fantastic effort to get to 100 games though.
Never get tired of watching him run down guys from behind.

Didn't he brake his arm at training?
I remember going to the '08 ANZAC Day game and the day prior to it there were reports he had fractured his arm at training and would miss the game.
I remember my mate and I were so disappointed as he was so exciting to watch.

No, he broke his arm in 2007 in about round 14 against Geelong.

He did his ACL at training leading up the 2008 ANZAC day game.

I'd forgotten he did an ACL.

That never helps.

Is that all.  I thought he was up around 150 at least.  Father/Son get him in.  Unless we get banned from that too for the next 15 years

awesome work! has 4 sons also so bonus for the club getting him to 100 games!

I think the idea of getting someone to 100 games to take advantage of the father son rule is much overrated. But when someone is on 99 games, has four sons, is a delisting candidate and it’s the last game of the season, then the decision is simple.

I'd forgotten he did an ACL.

That never helps.

And the busted wrist.

Lost a touch of speed after the ACL but I've said it before and will say it again, forward line always looks more dangerous with him in it.

Still remember his first season, was awesome. Then got his arm broken by the dog tenace i think it was.
I just wish after 99 games his fellow players would understand he isn't 6 foot! Fantastic effort to get to 100 games though.
Never get tired of watching him run down guys from behind.

Didn't he brake his arm at training?
I remember going to the '08 ANZAC Day game and the day prior to it there were reports he had fractured his arm at training and would miss the game.
I remember my mate and I were so disappointed as he was so exciting to watch.

No, he broke his arm in 2007 in about round 14 against Geelong.

He did his ACL at training leading up the 2008 ANZAC day game.

Broke it when that mongrel body dropped on him.

Unfortunately I think Davey is the biggest faker / diver in the game and his antics frequently embarrass me.  Happy to see him get to 100 though for the father son possibilities.

On top of everything that has happened to my club of which I’m pretty ■■■■■■ off about, if they somehow ■■■■ up Alwyn Davey this week I’ll go beserk.

Unfortunately I think Davey is the biggest faker / diver in the game and his antics frequently embarrass me.  Happy to see him get to 100 though for the father son possibilities.

you mustn't watch other teams/games much.

Did you happen to catch buddy's last performance

Froggy has been a great servant for the club. I still remember the difference he made when he first arrived, with the defensive pressure he was able to apply in a forward line that had previously waved blithely as the opposition half backs streamed out of defence.

And it seemed that every time he approached optimum form his season was crueled by injury, and his size was a factor there. He's still fast but back then he was the road runner.

The kids are a factor but honestly he deserves to  be a 100 game player.

I love the little bloke to death but even I know he’s at the end. He was brilliant early on but is struggling now. If stkilda can do it for Kos we can do it for Frog, and only partly for selfish reasons (F/S)

COMPULSORY VIEWING:

http://youtu.be/W-DsNnCAGUk

The tragedy of ACLs.

Courageous, modern, team-sparking player.

Did I miss something - people talking like he’s retiring, not just playing his 100th.

I love the little bloke, always have, and I want him to go on next year as well as get to the milestone.

Congratulations to Alwyn. And to the cynical, old 'bastardo' behind me that rags on 'Davies' every week, bemoans his cowardice and fumbles and expresses his "loathing" for him: I hope the next generation of Davey Jrs are plentiful and just as talented and humble as Alwyn. 

Good luck Froggy, have a good one bro

Did I miss something - people talking like he's retiring, not just playing his 100th.
I love the little bloke, always have, and I want him to go on next year as well as get to the milestone.

good point, its not a forgone conclusion that he is going to be delisted, with a totally fit list you would have to say he in the top 26 or so, why would you remove him? 1 year for bugger all money. 

Not sure why people are trying to force him in to retirement when we won't have the luxury of bringing in young small forwards of a higher calibre across the next two drafts.

If the coaches believe we have better small forwards on the list, they would be playing ahead of him every week. They're not.

A well deserved 100 Alwyn.