Amazing things thread

I have seen a guy who got hit in the box, the box split, bits pushed their way through the split and the split closed over again.

Circumcisions done for free.

1 Like

No skin off my nose.

Well…if you were a ■■■■■■■■ and needed a box to cover your face…

This guy forging out a 107 AFL game career is more amazing than anything I have read above.

110 actually.
He played 101 with Freo. I wonder if they gave him a few freebies near the end to get him over 100 to make sure they can have his babies

that’s madness

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1199532470166786049

3 Likes

Saw an epic moon set over three water tonight in Adelaide. Come to think of it, don’t think I’ve ever seen a moon set over water.

Moon was a tiny crescent and quite red. Just next to it what appeared to be Jupiter and Venus.

Have never seen anything like it, wished I had a decent camera to take a pic.

1 Like

You’re stuck in Adelaide? Poor b*stard.

Speaking of astronomy.

I’m no expert, but managed to set up an old telescope a few weeks ago and locate Saturn. Managed to see it’s rings. For some reason that just blew my mind.

7 Likes

I set up a mirror to see Uranus. I saw a ring too.

2 Likes

Yeah. Just sitting there watching them move through the sky was amazing. And to think they’ve been there for millions of years before us, and they’ll continue to be there for millions (billions?) of years after we’ve gone.

Yup. It’s quite a humbling thing.

Absolutely potato quality photos from the phone, but I had to watch this til it sank

4 Likes

Someone broke the Cannonball record by 1 hour 25 mins.
New York - LA (4548kms) in 27 hours and 25mins.
Average Speed 166km/h.

Wondering how someone could claim & prove that, without getting a shitload of fines, loss of license &/or ending up in Jail?

There’s a article on it… they had some very high tech equipment to detect police and recorded it all on video and Provided GPS data.

So they’ve provided authorities with all the evidence they need to charge & convict them then??

You should get to Broome to see the stairway to the moon. A rare but special event

You can also see it at Balingup after sampling the local delicacy…

Gas station’s underground tank explosion

3 Likes