Amazing things thread

Dude on the right values his car more than his life.

Edit: Unless he had loved ones in the back. Thx, BSD.

2 Likes

Interesting how people respond. And other guy drives off with the hose attached - yeah what could go wrong there?

1 Like

A free haircut comes to mind.

Ali Barber…

1 Like

I work with flammable liquids and these videos make my ■■■■■■■■ pucker.

There’s one I saw recently of a container exploding from someone wiping the container with a synthetic cloth, causing a static spark.

1 Like

That was my first thought.

Then I realised I have no idea if his kids are in the back seat or not.

1 Like
1 Like

Nah, he doesn’t even look in the back seat - just jumps in and drives off.

1 Like

i did it 3 days in a 68 camaro in early 1970 included 3 times going thru the same toll gate in new york got stopped by hi way patrol a couple of times but once they realised we were aussies was OK. californian plates, long hair and surf boards kinda stood out

1 Like

a very very very impressive bowls shot

11 Likes

Pretty good.
He could have just laid up on the back bowl, but sure, that works.

2 Likes

Wee bump …

I just learned watching QI that the Record for a person holding their breath in a Sport called “Static Apnea” is over 24 Minutes!

They do use pure O2 to rid themselves of CO2 prior, … but that is stlll amazing.

The Record sans the O2 you ask? … over 11 fking MINUTES!!

The event in question— holding one’s breath underwater for as long as possible without moving—is officially called “static apnea,” and there are two ways static apnea records are kept: for dives performed after breathing in pure oxygen, and for dives performed without pure oxygen.

https://www.outsideonline.com/1784106/how-long-can-humans-hold-their-breath#:~:text=The%20event%20in%20question—holding,dives%20performed%20without%20pure%20oxygen.

Resurrecting the thread because I just found something that fits in no other…

This cheap brand Ozito Router table is for sale in Bunnings for $69 smackers…

Out of stock locally so thought I’d see what might be available on ebay, … and saw the top seller thrusted at me was that very same (same Mod No) Ozito router table…

yui

As you can see there’s 11 ratings, it’s being sold by an Oz Vendor, … and it’s the “Best seller”!!! At a 14 hundred and 20 dollar mark up!!

PLUS FARKING POSTAGE at $45 bucks.

FMD, some ripoff arsole has made a small fortune from some
clearly pretty stupid people.

Amazing.

1 Like

Have they actually sold any at that price?

Some listing sites (I know aliexpress is one eg), if they run out of stock, they jack the price up to a bazillion dollars.

Allows them to keep the listing current, with all their feedback etc.

If they pull the listing down, it all resets.
If you try and buy when it’s listed at a bazillion, they politely cancel it.

2 Likes

Accepting offers at $129 and $149

Still 100% markup on Bunnings.
And given Ozito is one of their house brands, they’re still making their markup.

People are stupid.

1 Like

Ok, I didn’t realise this sort of crap went on. Why have it at that enormous price in the first place?

Ebay is weird.

I’ve seen plenty of BuyItNow offers on at 20-30% above the RRP, and you wonder who the mugs are who buy them…particularly considering you don’t often pay RRP for popular items.

Anyone who can’t be arsed opening another tab to search for current prices deserves all they get.

Refer to last line of previous post.

Looking at that ad: “last one”. Possibly automated. Not that there’s really any scarcity.

1 Like

For those who don’t understand, this is just a random photo of four guys. This twitter user has animated the photo to make them sing a Sea Chanty. It’s scary good…

4 Likes