Andrew Gaff - RFA

They played well above their ability this year and fell short. They would need a repeat of their below average plodders the have another year of playing out of their skins. They have a handful of very good players, just a handful.

They don’t grow on trees, with Waite gone, Brown will be double/triple teamed. A 50 goal season next year would be a personal win.

Even with polac and gaff, I predict them to fall short again.

Maybe they’ll play Pruess and Goldstein?

Preuss may not be there next year, he’d be the most sort after ruckman atm

Nup. He will be gone.

Draper then.

West coast won’t match if he decides to leave

Imagine a player saying that they want to go home after seven years of exemplary service and their club holding them to ransom.

I don’t reckon he will decide to leave though, you don’t watch your mates win a premiership without you and then bugger off. Unfinished business.

They aren’t going to hold him to ransom but you aren’t accepting pick 19 or 20 compo for him either. If West Coast have cap space you absolutely match and force North to give up their first plus more

That journo must a long serving member of “its more than a game”.

Its is ONLY a game and one born out of a goldfish bowl at that.

They would be really really hoping Wood can stay fit and in form. Do they even have a third KP forward option? Durdin and McKay are both defenders, right?

Am I the only one not sure if he matches the hype. By no means saying he is no good. Just that the legend seems up exceed the reality.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t leading their B&F up until he gets suspended. In a flag year that’s good going. OK maybe he isn’t Danger/Dusty but he would make a massive impact in our midfield. Averages 30 possessions a game, runs all day, an absolute model professional and good guy. Whoever ends up winning his services is getting a top-line player.

1 Like

People sledging him because he looked gutted on the telecast need to pull their head in.
Which is kind of what he did to that freo player.

Did he fly back to Perth with the team?

Gaff was kinda creating a straw man with that one.

too soon?

3 Likes

Never.
Just wish I’d thought of it.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. We can have empathy without feeling sympathy or pity.

1 Like

#getthegaff

I think he’s kind of agreeing with you - I read it same way at first

In 7 years we’ll still be talking about the ‘great empathy comment misunderstanding’.

I understand totally