Andrew Gaff - RFA

I think Gaff might stay right where he is.

1 Like

Did he stay in Melbourne?
Or did he fly back to Perth with the team?

And there you have it. Rep from management team says Gaffā€™s decision is a choice between Eagles and NORTH

Eagles or Kangaroos: Gaffā€™s choice down to two

Suspended star Andrew Gaff was inconsolable after the Eaglesā€™ Grand Final win

ANDREW Gaff will either stay at West Coast or be playing for North Melbourne next season.

His agent Robbie Dā€™Orazio, from Connors Sports, confirmed the race for the suspended Eagles starā€™s services was down to two at a spring horseracing event on Tuesday morning.

However, Gaff is still dealing with the emotion of missing out on West Coastā€™s premiership and has yet to reveal to his management his final decision.

ā€œOf course heā€™s finding it difficult, his teamā€™s just won a premiership and he couldnā€™t be part of it, so heā€™s working through that with his family and his partner,ā€ Dā€™Orazio said.

ā€œYou guys will find out when we do, because we still donā€™t know.ā€

WHEN DOES TRADE PERIOD START? All the key dates

At the beginning of the new season, Gaff will serve the final two matches of his suspension for striking Fremantleā€™s Andrew Brayshaw.

Asked directly whether it was a choice between West Coast and North Melbourne, Dā€™Orazio hesitated before responding, ā€œYep.ā€

You have made Northā€™s supporter very happy!

6 Likes

So what do we want from this trade period?

Different viewpoints on what the club needs are:
a) Outside mid who has very clean foot skills and an engine to run
b) Inside mid beast
c) Inside and outside mid with footy nous, normally limited to the elite of the AFL
d) Save the draft picks and hit the draft
e) All of the above

In my opinion I would love option c) however I donā€™t believe this is likely. Setterfield has the potential for this however has not shown this at AFL level. I have enough faith in our development of existing mids (Langford included) to be targetting option a).

Or scrap of all of this and target Fyfe in the biggest trade of all time. :wink:

Please stay at WC, please stay at WCā€¦

7 Likes

Nah, let norf have him, WC force them to trade the earth for him. We then donā€™t need to worry about them getting involved in any of our potential trades. And theyā€™ll still be sh/t.

1 Like

My gut feel is heā€™ll stay and his management team is trying to suck every last cent out of West coast before signing a contract.

6 Likes

It was interesting to watch the Weagles players who were at the game but did not play. NicNat and the others seemed genuinely happy for the Club and their Mates.

Gaff looked like crying all day, and seemed very sorry for himself. I hope that Weagles are getting him the emotional support he obviously needs.

I have sympathy for Brayshaw and none for him.

1 Like

Have a good look at the poor bloke. He does not seem do be engaged at all. He is seriously damaged as a result of all of this. I hope he gets the help and support he needs to get well.

Making major decisions like switching clubs when heā€™s in this state of mind - might be a big mistake. I hope West Coast take good care of him.

4 Likes

If he goes to Norf or stays in the West; fark him. I only care if he lands on the spongy floors.

4 Likes

Weā€™ve all done things often on the spur of the moment, sometimes not, we regret.
If no one made mistakes even bad ones, would we ever change by ourselves? I doubt it.

Iā€™ve worked with people who have done much worse things than Andrew Gaff and have been given up as lost causes. Everyone has a side to them theyā€™d rather hide and sometimes, it can rise up and bring us undone. Iā€™ve been there and done that. I remembered that look on his face.

Behaviour is something we do as a response, it is not who we are.

5 Likes

where to startā€¦

1 Like

Go and Get Gaffed

1 Like

Gotta be tough for Gaff

Missed a flag

WC team pretty much staying together bar LeCras perhaps retiring or perhaps not to try for back to back

They are every chance to win it again

The $$ and mediocrity at North not worth jumping for, but the pull of family perhaps so.

This is footy, it is not life and death.

With North getting Polec, Hall and Gaff they would climb. It might be worth the gamble for him for the extra $$.

1 Like

Does she have off spring? And if so who do they follow?

But why North? Strange choice given the clubs profile, resources, facilities. Coming to Melbourne youā€™d think the pull of a big club would be strong? Unless thereā€™s people at the club heā€™s got a connection to? Heā€™s a damn good footballer but maybe, just maybe, motivation for him to go to North is simply a financial consideration? Big difference between $800K (which is probably the most Essendon would be prepared to offer) and a Mill over 6/7 years.

Then you look at someone like Shiel whoā€™s forgoing the big money in pursuit of premiership success. Yes, heā€™s more of the type Iā€™d want at my club.