Andrew Gaff - RFA

Every club would have 5 or more players on a fair bit of coin.

2 Likes

A player managed by Connors doesn’t just sign on the dotted line without a media battle.

2 Likes

Lycett will now be asking for a kings ransom aswell

1 Like

Article mentioning North Melbourne and their war chest in 3… 2… 1…

2 Likes

With performances like last night I’m hoping we are looking more attractive to guys like Gaff.

5 Likes

Our midfield would bat very deep with this guy in it.

eh. it can turn around quickly for teams. and it’s a qtr of a million dollars and exposure to victoria where the bulk of the football coaching/media/sponsorships are.

Word in AFL circles, is that McGovern’s new contract is in the Top 5 or 6 in the AFL! The cap must surely have tightened at the Eagles. For our sake (and I want Gaff to just top things off) I hope Lycett signs soon and Gaff feels the squeeze.

Right now we have to look as attractive as ANY Victorian club to come to right now (team style, winning form, senior coach, facilities, sponsor/media exposure, crowd numbers, “Marquee” games etc.)

1 Like

My mail has west coast prioritising Gaff and exploring alternative ruck options to Lycett if the price is too high.

It’s good mail.

Spewing.

As if they wouldn’t priortise him?

4 Likes

We get Gaff as a FA.

We send Leuenberger to West coast, for pick 115, As a sweetener (so they don’t match the bid)

3 Likes

You will go blind, you know, or get hair on your palms…one or the other.

2 Likes

Any interest in Lycett?

Looney is cooked and Draper isn’t ready, we are very reliant on TBell being fit and healthy next year.

I reckon he would thrive being the number 1 tuck in a side and rate him highly, but would assume after being second fiddle to Nic Nat so long he’s only going to go somewhere where he’s the top banana

Nup.
Unless both of Belly’s legs fell off tomorrow.

I think it’s an area we need to address in the off season. Looney will be gone.

So we are one Bellchamber mishap from having to rely on draper and Lavender as the number one ruck for a season.

Agree about getting a other ruck but it would have to be a genuine no.2 ruck. I wouldn’t be spending big coin on 2 rucks on one list.

2 Likes

If this year’s taught me anything, it’s that relying on your backups isn’t that big of a deal.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind Loony as a back up, but not Draper. And certainly not Lavender. They are just not ready.

Leueney’s there as backup, Draper and Lavender very much in development (although I don’t think Draper is that far away).

Ideally we could find a Leueny who’s a few years younger and still able to run.