Andrew Gaff - RFA

Either way would much rather be entering a guilty plea at the tribunal, than at Court.

You would run the serious risk of doing actual time.

1 Like

How’s the media now salivating for a Red card system, they can’t even get the score review system right FFS!!!
Wait until a player is sent off incorrectly in a big game, there will be pandemonium.

6 Likes

Which is what they want. Easy front pages, that require little effort.

It is win win for them, player X should have been sent off for this. Why was player Y sent off for that etc.

The send off rule is so rarely used, I think it has some meritt. Send off would have been justified yesterday, there is probably one incident every 2-3 years that would meet the criteria.

Gaff will leave WA.
He just needs to spend 30 minutes in Fremantle to realise how volatile it’ll be given what he’s done.
He won’t be able to live this down for another few years.
This is the best opportunity for anyone (even North) to get him out of WA.

But why even have that as an option? What happens when a guy is sent off in the first quarter, the team loses by a point and then the guy is cleared by the tribunal? Or he gets one week, yet a player the week before didn’t get sent off and got 4 weeks from the tribunal?
They literally can’t figure out how to award a point or a goal, do you really trust them to get this right?! Just eliminate it from the equation all together.

1 Like

Or he may feel like he owes WC now for basically screwing their finals chances

Nicnat already out through injury

Now their best mid through stupidity

But you could be right. Some ■■■■■■■■ over there out in public with a skin full probably would belt him in a pub as retribution.

I like Gerard Whateley, but listening to the Gaff hysteria is driving me bonkers.
Neville Bruns on the radio saying he should get 12 months!

I have already said 8, if Cameron got 5 this is 8

Interesting hearing Harv’s this morning say the player they’d target this trade / draft period is someone who breaks the lines and provides run on the outside.

I thought the priority was inside types?

It’s possible with changes to rules, starting positions on the ground and a push by the AFL to move away from congested situations that the athletic type who can run all day makes a big comeback. Gaff would be a good fit for the EFC.

1 Like

Hirdy (on his podcast) suggested 8 wks down to 6 based on prior record. I think that is what will happen. So, he would play again only if WC make the grand final…

Dustin%20Martin%20Jake%20Stringer%20AFL%20Rd%2011%20Essendon%20Lx7y3pD3l4Bl
Play on!

1 Like

To borrow a line from a classic Gerrard ‘went full retard’. He’s taken this ‘voice of SEN’ to heart. Thinks he’s the voice of football. Out and out media ■■■■■ now.

3 Likes

I thought it was shown on the replay at the ground.

Agreed. Didn’t mind him before but seems to have turned extremely self righteous. Has entered into the realms of the msm self importance gang that I have scant regard for.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the AFL will leave him scope to play in a GF if West Coast get there. They love a story and the redemption of Gaff in a GF would have the media excited.

Whateley is ok most of the time, but the underlying person is a little girly man, and that tends to emerge at times like this.

And fark Neville Bruns. He’s still dirty that Mathews did it to him.

4 Likes

I’m with Bruns. 22 weeks. The AFL has to stamp this out and send a loud, clear message that this is absolutely not acceptable. Problem is, they’ve let punches to the guts, chest, etc and other hits to the face/head area that have resulted in no injury pass by with a fine, so blokes think they can do this and not get punished. This act, whether he meant to hit him in the head or not, has resulted in a player having a broken jaw, teeth realigned and can’t eat solids for 4 weeks. This isn’t a football incident. It was 100m off the play. This might be the first blemish on Gaff’s 175 game career but he must be made an example of. I initially thought 7, but now after listening to Bruns speak he’s bang on.

Fairfax i assume?

1 Like

Very little power and strength is required to break a jaw, just the right momentum and angle can do it.