Annoucement: Blitz is running weird again

Still doesn’t run properly on Samsung phone. Cannot stay logged in for more than half a second.

I cleared all cookies etc on my home computer and it has been OK since.

Out of interest have we ever thought of putting more advertising spots and then using that money for blitz to sponsor losers or the club?

Basically just using our time (which we spend anyway) on the site paid to the club by advertising companies.

Thanks for the thread Ben. Managed to get in front of my computer and on a wifi network to dump the cache again. Problem gone. Obviously the next step is to stop this from happening every time.

Also it’s not the nature of what people post that causes the memory error. It’s just some errant script related to this cache problem.

■■■■■■ hell, how about forking some cash into getting decent hosting/website for this place?

I’ve always tried to run blitz ‘lean’ to save on costs but on the day Hird got the chop I doubled the server’s capacity and won’t turn back. Also just increased the memory recently. This latest problem isn’t related to the hosting, but the software itself. That the hosting resources have been increased recently explains why Blitz has run so well the last month or two … and what makes this latest crash to disappointing.

Upgrade/change the software then? If we're the biggest fan forum on the web and have half the features that other teams' fan forums do, I'm not sure that shows this website in a positive way as we should be the best site possible, not the site that is "lean" and with lots of "cutbacks".
Out of interest have we ever thought of putting more advertising spots and then using that money for blitz to sponsor losers or the club?

Basically just using our time (which we spend anyway) on the site paid to the club by advertising companies.

did you not see the meltdown when something hawks related poped up?

Also agree with craybomba

I’d suspend f*ck out of him for that.

Thanks for the thread Ben. Managed to get in front of my computer and on a wifi network to dump the cache again. Problem gone. Obviously the next step is to stop this from happening every time.

Also it’s not the nature of what people post that causes the memory error. It’s just some errant script related to this cache problem.

■■■■■■ hell, how about forking some cash into getting decent hosting/website for this place?

I’ve always tried to run blitz ‘lean’ to save on costs but on the day Hird got the chop I doubled the server’s capacity and won’t turn back. Also just increased the memory recently. This latest problem isn’t related to the hosting, but the software itself. That the hosting resources have been increased recently explains why Blitz has run so well the last month or two … and what makes this latest crash to disappointing.

Upgrade/change the software then? If we're the biggest fan forum on the web and have half the features that other teams' fan forums do, I'm not sure that shows this website in a positive way as we should be the best site possible, not the site that is "lean" and with lots of "cutbacks".

Arrggghhhh I’m not happy with this free site run by volunteers who give up their time for me to whinge about the end result!!

Show me “more featured” forum software that’s not just code for “loaded with crap”.

I'd suspend f*ck out of him for that.
I'd like that post if I could.

Jk

Show me "more featured" forum software that's not just code for "loaded with crap".

I guess it’s completely opinion based and what each person considers “loaded with crap”. I never thought having extra features was a negative, on what should be the best fan forum on the web? Each to their own.

Show me "more featured" forum software that's not just code for "loaded with crap".

I guess it’s completely opinion based and what each person considers “loaded with crap”. I never thought having extra features was a negative, on what should be the best fan forum on the web? Each to their own.

Why should it be the best fan forum on the web?

Melbourne FC would love you...

Why would we aim for being medicore ?

Melbourne FC would love you...

Why would we aim for being medicore ?

We’re not actually winning anything for having a great fan forum, so who gives a flying…

I reckon Rolo does a great job and I prefer simple and useful.

But hey, if you want to tip in your hard earned for something flashy, go for it.

I’m not overly worried too much about looks.

It would be nice if notifications and likes were working well.
I could do without the likes, but notifications would be very handy. Haven’t been working for ages now.

Are the crashes network related or software related?

My ego needs likes.

But in all seriousness if theres other software that can provide previous features we’ve had and removes the issues that having the features caused. I see it as a win win personally.

Having to sign in every time I open the browser.

Pain in the ■■■

Having to sign in every time I open the browser.

Pain in the ■■■

Delete your cookies for the site.

did you not see the meltdown when something hawks related poped up?

Also agree with craybomba

Yeah cause taking money from the Hawks coffers advertising budget that is in front of a bunch of diehard Essendon fans is a bad thing. Somehow I don’t think that a banner ads is going to change to opinion of which club to support of anybody here.

I’d happily have every other AFL club paying a boat load to the site for advertising and then handing that money to the Bombers in a big ■■■ novelty sized check. And we could make that happen by clicking on the other clubs ads a truckload.

Ah good, now I can get back to this

You know what guys you’re right. If there is perfect forum software with all the features and never the possibility of a crash I should stop deliberately not using it…