Annoucement: Blitz is running weird again

Rolo our technical mastermind is currently in route from his secret island lair back to his mountain fortress and as a result is for all intents and purposes "off line" over the next 24 hours or so.

*Intensive purposes.

Thanks for the thread Ben. Managed to get in front of my computer and on a wifi network to dump the cache again. Problem gone. Obviously the next step is to stop this from happening every time.

Also it’s not the nature of what people post that causes the memory error. It’s just some errant script related to this cache problem.

■■■■■■ hell, how about forking some cash into getting decent hosting/website for this place?

I’ve always tried to run blitz ‘lean’ to save on costs but on the day Hird got the chop I doubled the server’s capacity and won’t turn back. Also just increased the memory recently. This latest problem isn’t related to the hosting, but the software itself. That the hosting resources have been increased recently explains why Blitz has run so well the last month or two … and what makes this latest crash to disappointing.

Thanks for all your efforts Rolo. By far still the best club forum in football.

Where is this year’s Blitz awards thread? Because Rolo would hands down be this year’s MVP.

Thanks for the thread Ben. Managed to get in front of my computer and on a wifi network to dump the cache again. Problem gone. Obviously the next step is to stop this from happening every time.

Also it’s not the nature of what people post that causes the memory error. It’s just some errant script related to this cache problem.

■■■■■■ hell, how about forking some cash into getting decent hosting/website for this place?

I’ve always tried to run blitz ‘lean’ to save on costs but on the day Hird got the chop I doubled the server’s capacity and won’t turn back. Also just increased the memory recently. This latest problem isn’t related to the hosting, but the software itself. That the hosting resources have been increased recently explains why Blitz has run so well the last month or two … and what makes this latest crash to disappointing.

Thanks for all your efforts Rolo. By far still the best club forum in footballthe world.

Fixed

And Fark Carlton.

Now that CB brought up the cash thing, what’s the deal with that going forward? is there enough in the kitty to pay the monthly hosting fees?

I know Rolo doesn’t take a cut of it but I hope he isn’t putting in money (apart from his time which we already know about) to keep it going.

Rolo our technical mastermind is currently in route from his secret island lair back to his mountain fortress and as a result is for all intents and purposes "off line" over the next 24 hours or so.

*Intensive purposes.

ahhhh?

I’m still finding the site weird. At the moment I can log in on my phone but not on my laptop (a Mac). I’ve entered my user name and password trillions of times, rebooted, all the things a non computer expert would do. Alas I still get the Howdy Stranger page :frowning:

I just found 2 things, the log in thread :slight_smile: and by using private window I can log in without having to clear my cookies

Now that CB brought up the cash thing, what's the deal with that going forward? is there enough in the kitty to pay the monthly hosting fees?

I know Rolo doesn’t take a cut of it but I hope he isn’t putting in money (apart from his time which we already know about) to keep it going.

It’s fine. Google ad money covers the expanded hosting and there’s still plenty in the donations kitty collected awhile back should we need anything more.

Boooooooooo
Not really. You do a good job.

Nobody made the Aurora Andruska-memory error gag yet?
Lift, Blitz

Finally can log in and comment!

Nobody made the Aurora Andruska-memory error gag yet? Lift, Blitz

I don’t recall.

I’m still having problems logging in. I got in through an olde version of Explorer but my phone, google chrome and imac aren’t connecting. Any tips?

Edit - cleared the work google chrome history (cookies etc) and now works. I’ll try at home and see how I go. Productivity down, Blitz up.

So is anyone else finding that they can’t log in with iPhone/iPad? I’m fine signing in via computers but those two aren’t working at all.

I can’t log in with my iphone and I can’t log in through my mac at home.

Macca’s wifi working overtime.

Actually that was in the Bangkok airport…

Board runs better with Likes off unfortunately.

iPhone keeps resetting to a page it was on when it crashed! I’m signed in ok though.

Actually that was in the Bangkok airport…

Board runs better with Likes off unfortunately.

So it was the ‘fkg concur’ change that stuffed the board!

noticed i could log in properly on incognito mode (chrome) but not normal browsing. i just deleted all cookies and was able to log in properly on desktop.

android has been working just fine.