ANNOUNCE Western United are at the Hangar

I’m sure Essendon still gets first dibs on things at the Hangar.

They also aren’t always at the facility, so may as well be leasing it out and earning than just paying overheads for as much of that time as possible.

Just be careful if the bowls club gets involved, unless of course it gets us some time at Windy Hill

The esports team took up less room.

3 Likes

There may be some cross training benefit to this arrangement as well, especially in areas of attracting free kicks by falling over like you were shot when your opponent farts in your general direction.

3 Likes

And judging on the figures in that tweet above, they were probably more popular too.

These A-League figures jump around a lot, here’s 2017-2018
A-League Club Supporter Ladder 2018

*Source: Roy Morgan Single Source Australia, July 2016 – June 2017, n=14,544 and July 2017 – June 2018, n=14,836. Base: Australians 14+. Wellington Phoenix support only includes Australian-based supporters.

Most A-League supporters are men but West Sydney has highest degree of female support

Analysing the gender breakdown of the 2.75 million A-League club supporters shows just two-thirds of A-League supporters are men (67%) compared to only a third that are women (33%). Of Australia’s nine A-League clubs eight now field teams in the female counterpart the W-League.

Geez! I hope Sammy Draper doesn’t get confused and go to the training session of the wrong code!!!:flushed:

Me thinks its getting a bit tight to squeeze all those people in the one facility. don’t forget its not just the grounds but, gyms, conference rooms, lockers, rehab rooms etc… fark me its gonna be a big squeeze. hopefully the $$$ is worth it

they’re not all there at once

1 Like

The place is huge.
This is a strategy to better utilise our assets and generate income - hopefully reduce our reliance on pokies.

Don’t think of it as a “geez money is a bit tight, lets rent out the spare bedroom to a lodger - might have to share the bathroom” situation.

Rather think of it as “Lets build a few cabins down the other end of the farm and rent them out AirBnB style”

2 Likes

Soccer is FT they’ll be there more than you think. How annoying is it when you wanna smash out some bench presses and some soccer dude is on the bench… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Tell them to finish their reps and fark off.

4 Likes

The A-League season runs from November to May.

So about 4 of those 7 months, the AFL boys are scarcely going to be there anyway.

maybe we just give a pass to fitness first in tulla?

1 Like

You do realize that we haven’t just given them a key to the front door and said “have at it lads, what’s ours is now yours”?

There’ll be a commercial agreement on how these facilities are shared, and I’d be shocked if it didn’t state that Essendon (AFL, AFLW, VFL, VFLW and WVFL) have priority access to all facilities.

2 Likes

Pretty sure pre season starts in Dec for the younger guys, then its full on from start of Jan. So the AFL boys will be there for 6 out of those 7 months.

Anyways I am sure they have come up with a cunning plan so there is no impact, or minimal. Hope it’s only a temporary thing until they have their stadium/facilities built.

Melbourne share facilities with the rebels, storm and victory and it hasn’t harmed them.

1 Like

Additionally, given the salary caps in the A-League, I would expect a lot of them work full or part timer too.

Only the guys on youth contracts