ANNOUNCE Western United are at the Hangar

Yeah it’s their facility as well. They occupy the ground floor and use the basketball court too.

Isn’t there a soccer ground across the road?

Yeah it’s a local club I think

Both the VFL and VFLW train on the Docklands ground at night. The AFLW might do so too (most of them still need “real jobs”). All three could overlap for a short time early in the year.

A-League is broadly the same time period, so that’s 4 teams training twice a week?

WS Wanderers being so low surprises me. They have had quite a few poor seasons but with new stadium etc were widely tipped to be the biggest club in Sydney only a few years ago.

When people donated money to the Flight Plan, did they know it would be for other teams, that have nothing to do with Essendon, being based there??

6 Likes

I hope they are paying a shitload of rent to use the facilities. Would I be right in saying this is the reason the club signed off on this?

3 Likes

I’m sure Essendon stands to make a good amount of coin from this.

I’m sure it’s a key factor. I’m assuming also other commercial opportunities to cross promote, sponsorship etc. I’m sure it’s about community engagement and lowering fixed costs for EFC. The western United predominantly play over summer so it makes sense if it makes commercial opportunity.

1 Like

western united could almost make a claim to be at least the shorts sponsor

I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic or not.

I know nothing about the A-League.

there’s never really a lot to be read in to with “fan polls” like these.

ticking a box saying you go for someone is a very different prospect to buying merch or tickets

the fact that every team has had a substantial 12 month increase in a year where a) barely anyone could attend matches and b) the broadcaster had the cue in the rack ought to be enough to create some doubt

4 Likes

as in “yes, they could be probably paying us as much as our major sponsors pay us”

bit of fun hyperbole for your monday afternoon

I like it.

WTF, what kind of ANNOUNCE is this, wheres Bobby Hill??

1 Like

Not a huge fan of this, but hey what do I know. It better not impact our ALF, VFL and soon to be AFLW team one iota.

Give us that soccer money or make them train in the car park.

I’m sure there will be some sort of impedance.

1 Like

WSW have alot of hardcore fans who’ll show up week in and week out as well. Alot of Sydney FC fans will tick a box for SFC and maybe go to 2 games a year.

1 Like