Another Mass Shooting, (Just Another Day) in America

Would in a heartbeat. Long story but failed to get permanent residency despite living, studying, and working there. One day.

5 Likes

I had to go check because I thought Earshot must have been the episode that was delayed, but it didn’t gel with being a series finale. But no, it was Graduation, which whilst it takes place in a school is not exactly the first Buffy episode that comes to mine when thinking about students attacking a school. It didn’t even involve summoning hellhounds to attack the prom.

(Because the only thing that stops a bad student summoning demons to destroy a school, is a principal summoning demons to destroy a school. And a slayer.)

1 Like

Tried NZ?

1 Like

Apparently, it was a kids birthday party at a bowling alley.

1 Like

Oh ■■■■ off America, ■■■■ all the way off.

2 Likes

Yes! Looked at it very seriously during the pandemic. It’s on the list. My wife and daughter have EU passports so that’s the other option. Just need to get our finances in a place where we can take an income hit but still move.

3 Likes

People have often used NZ as a gateway to Australia

2 Likes

A few camp there waiting for the new quota openings for different visa categories.

Graduation (part 2) (blowing up a school) got delayed three weeks. Earshot (which was NOT about a school shooter, but had an accurate line on the topic — reproduced below) got delayed six months. It was aired just before the next season started.

Luckily Canada aired Earshot as usual, and even in the nineties you could download that on the internet!

Oz: “It’s bordering on trendy at this point.”

Isn’t Earshot the one that has Jonathan in the tower? It is then about at least an apprehended school shooting, although his intention was more inwardly focused.

The less said about cafeteria food, the better…

1 Like

So basically there was no way of knowing?

3 Likes

I have said it before, and will say it again. When my eldest came home and told us about the active shooter drill the whole school had run through that day, when he was in Pre-K4 (“everybody in the school played hide and seek today”), we knew it was time to get out of Dodge.

To quote Jake Carlisle, “This place is farked”.

17 Likes

Reckon a lot of Americans will flee to Australia fark living there with crap health care system and gun violence

If had to move over seaseas would be Canada fark living in America

1 Like

there is nothing left to say about the USA and its mass shootings

it’s all been said over and over again after these mass shootings happen over and over again

7 Likes

mass shootings are a feature, not a bug

4 Likes

Send images of the massacre to the farks in charge of the NRA

When Buffy tells Giles that she knows he banged her mother? :wink:

4 Likes

TWICE!

3 Likes

We should definitely stop the boats, planes, etc.

2 Likes