Another non-rival crushed - review those Norf losers

Dylan Shiel says hi.

1 Like

Hahaha, they obviously havenā€™t seen how many high tackles Tippa hasnā€™t been paid prior to todayā€™s game.

3 Likes

Ha! My 6yo has been coming to all the home games with me all year, and as we are driving in he asks and I tell him who we are playing.
ā€œI donā€™t think they are a real team Dadā€ he says, and I ask why.
ā€œBecause no one at my school goes for themā€.

Oh man, so funny.

71 Likes

The answer is he got 2 free kicks

That leaves 16 other possessionsā€¦

HEā€™S COMIN TO GETCHA
HEā€™S COMIN TO GETCHA
HEā€™S COMIN TO GETCHA

4 Likes

Was there and at times he looked like he he was using the ball like a yoyo.

1 Like

Missed two goals :frowning:

The crowd yes

The commentating though?! Awful. Zero excitement for a brilliant game winning goal and he called laverde as smack.

3 Likes

And you wrote Guelfi as smack!

If we were able to kick it to our forwards the way we kick it to the opposition defenders. We would be top 4

9 Likes

When the siren went, the roar was so loud I thought the stadium roof was going to collapse on top of us all

Still buzzing from the game

4 Likes

Iā€™d suggest not watching the replay. Commentary is killing my buzz.

4 Likes

Same here Robbo. I havenā€™t seen us celebrate like that for quite some time. A few of us lost our voices in literally the last 30 seconds.

2 Likes

No only opioids it seems.

2 Likes

This time last week l was making plans to attend this game with some family who are Norf members. The plan fell through as l had a clash of events, a reunion of sorts with students from the first school l taught at. Instead l ended up watching most of the game in the Sports Bar at the Chelsea Heights Hotel, in between relivng some great anecdotes.

At half time l was confident we had the run to outlast them. This was confirmed by our third quarter where Essendon showed they were clearly the better the team. Then they got on a run, just like the Pies did the night before. Norf did more than that, they dominated the last quarter and it was clear the game was slipping away from us, just like it did against the WEagles. Matters were not helped much by blind kicks into the forward line and the Norf defence looked composed as they mopped up the errant entries. Then there was a blind kick and a turn over. Enter a string of Essendon players who refused to give up. As is so often the case one team does all the attacking and another gets an opportunistic goal to s.n.a.t.c.h an unlikely goal. When Tippa snapped, l just wanted a score, and would have settled for a draw. l was completely surprised that it was a goal. Then they showed a replay. Look at Tippa and you can see he takes a quick look at the goal mouth before he kicks. This was no fluke, he knew exaclty what he was doing, he knew where the goals were and he executed the kick to perfection, just as Stringer did with his drop punt from further out in the same pocket. What a game. It was epic and exceeded any of our other close finishes this season.

Go Bombers.

25 Likes

I was jumping up and down like @Franky_Dunell on ANZAC Day 1992.

6 Likes

Watched the first 3 quarters then had to out.

Got home 30 mins ago and watched the last quarter. What a win.

My son went he told me when Tippa kicked that goal it was like an explosion of emotion from our crowd, said it was awesome.

8 Likes

North came out of the blocks fast! Their forwards were nailing everything and their score was ticking upwards uncomfortably quickly. If your opposition is scoring at 35+ per quarter you will likely lose.

But I was frankly impressed by how slick some of our own attacking chains were during this time as we chased them. Considering the scoreboard pressure North were piling on, it was so important to remain composed, put together quality disposals, and get the scoreboard rising for ourselvesā€¦come halftime, we had matched North when they had been landing a lot of their best punchesā€¦

1 Like

What a goal and what was nice was that Walla did not celebrate by standing in the pocket going look at me, look at me like another player that often scores from the pocket.

2 Likes

thompson, tarrant, cunnington ziebell all think they are tough.
i remember when the hawks would absolutely maul these ā€œtoughā€ guys.

they can generally only really do it against lesser sides. ā– ā– ā– ā–  the lot of em.

4 Likes