ANZAC Day build up and changes

How about let’s start by picking our best fit side and winning on Anzac Day…

16 Likes

I reckon for Melbourne we bring in Lav, Langford, Ambrose, mitch, Clarke, Ridley, thatcher and whoever else is fit and can play. Then for hawks you bring back the 7 you’ve rested and maybe take out 4 who have player both games (there will obviously be a few who need to play all 3)
If we don’t get this right we can be 2-5 facing carlton and our season will be over

Margaret?

That is too many. The lack of chemistry will more than cancel out the potentially fresher legs.
3 or 4 changes max

3 Likes

No they’re not. They had 7 then 6, so played 3 games in 13 days.
I reckon normal worst case scenario is 3 games in 12 days. We’re playing 3 in 10

21 Likes

Its like being back at Footscray for Stringer.

48 Likes

Just need Gordon to rock up in his Merc, belch a red wine and garlic prawn burp, and chuck 50c into the tin.

11 Likes

Payday at the Doggies!

Those penciling in Dees as a loss - don’t forget the Pies rebounded last year from the 4 day break to knock Geelong off on the Sunday… quite dominantly too.

1 Like

The State of Origin in Rugby League is held on a Wednesday night. The players have regularly stated they feel as if they show up better for the weekend afterwards if they play sooner that weekend rather than later.

I can’t tell you how true that is… but it is interesting.

Love that Stringer has hit form just in time for Anzac Day, the likely contest versus Howe will be great. Hopefully Howe sooking plenty!

1 Like

Theres only 1 day to assess how the players pull up and pick the squad, then 1 more day to finalise the team.
Its a roll of the dice for both clubs. It could lead to some significant mismatches.

LAV’S coming in this week, understand?

3 Likes

Just picked up 6 blocks of EMU EXPORT for my trip over

32 Likes

quality status update

1 Like

T minus 1 day, 16 hours, 20 minutes and 6 seconds

5 Likes

Hourly updates plz? Better yet do some form of live WOB GPS tracking

Don’t forget we rebounded from a 5 day turnaround last year against them and put in one of our worst performances of the season

down to 179 beers?

Potentially