ANZAC Day build up and changes

PAAAAANIIIICCC

1 Like

Not sure where people get the idea it’s going to rain on Wed? Between now and Tues (haven’t got Wed’s yet) the weathers warm and dry!

We’ve had 2 days of rain in the last 3 months. Of course it will rain on Anzac day.

8 Likes

If you go by someones logic last year, theres only ever a 20%chance we’d play in the rain, so why train foe that right??

Was used as the justification of the loss to Carlton

I think it’s about a bigger issue and that is about having the ability to adjust to the conditions. Be they weather related i.e. hot, wet, cold, windy, or game-style (tags, opposition dropping players back or forward, opposition changing their typical game style, us losing a key teammate etc).

Good teams will adjust properly. Regarding rain, it’s not just relevant to a rainy day. You can get wet-like conditions for evening matches where the dew makes the ball slippery and very difficult to handle. Having the skills to handle a wet ball is a good skill. Wouldn’t want it to be a rainy finals / grand final.

Simples, play like the Pies did.

Almost as[quote=“BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS, post:160, topic:12704, full:true”]

I don’t understand why you don’t understand, …?

[/quote]

Almost as tough as Billy Duckworth.

makes me want to stick pins in my eyes

Gee, people do some dumb things!

1 Like

If it rains we should play Clarke.

Also means we should recover better for Melbourne game as game speed slows down.

Who else plays three games on two weeks???

anyone coming off back to back 6 day breaks…

Hawthorn did that last Sunday against the Dees.

That does not sound right to me. If he was not suspended, we could have played him at the reserves fixture (for fitness/general training reasons) and then played him on the Wednesday. He was suspended by the VFL tribunal, which suspended him for one match. The Club’s next match is a VFL fixture and yes, if the next available game is an AFL fixture, then he would not be able to play. If the powers that be came out and said he cannot play on the Wednesday, then I believe they would be making it up as they go along. Unless there is a written down rule for this scenario, then I think the Club would have success in appealing. It would effectively be a two match ban.

CD reckons these guys have played best over the last 4 games.

• Green to bag 4 cheapies on Anzac Day and drive some people crazy on this forum.
  • Conor to be downing Guiness at the Royal pre-game.
  • Sidearse to run amuck with 30 disposals to half time, and Woosha reluctantly puts a tag on a player for the first time in 3 seasons

1 Like

Heavier ground

1 Like

Played Richmond previous Sunday.

We are playing 3 games in 10 days, we’re ■■■■■■ if we don’t rotate the players enough

2 Likes

Barely exists anymore, due to quality of drainage at grounds now.* Hird’s opinion was that you don’t run at peak speed as much in a wet game so are often fresher then next week.

*cazaly stadium during a cyclone being the obvious exception.

yep I was basing it on what Hird said as well. Crawford agreed with Hird as well.
Even still I hope we fully utilise our full roster for the Demons game.

This is a simple game. If it’s dry and we get coached properly (already got my post typed up in the Worsfold thread) and bring the right intensity and mindset, we’ll win by 5 goals.

We have the height advantage up front and it’s not like Dunn is much faster than Daniher to counteract the height advantage. Down back, we match up well, especially if elliot misses again as well as fasolo and Wells.
In the middle, we need to play off Sidebottom or give him a hard tag, not something in between. At the clearances he’ll go to Merrett or Smith, so we need to block him and protect our mid. If they use a spud to tag one of our mids we need to help the mid out with blocks and shepherds and drag the tagger to where he isnt comfortable.

Raz playing is crucial. It frees up Tippa (and Raz) to play up the field and get over the back. If Murray goes to Raz then we need to play through Raz. Tippa and Joe Dan up the field can cause them alot of problems.

1 Like

I reckon for Melbourne we bring in Lav, Langford, Ambrose, mitch, Clarke, Ridley, thatcher and whoever else is fit and can play. Then for hawks you bring back the 7 you’ve rested and maybe take out 4 who have player both games (there will obviously be a few who need to play all 3)
If we don’t get this right we can be 2-5 facing carlton and our season will be over

3 Likes