ANZAC Day clash. Changes, previews etc

You don’t mess with winning form and bar 20 minutes we would be 3-0… so something is going well.

Better make that 19.58 seconds.

An AFL season is such a brutal war of attrition. Looking around at some games this weekend and the injury toll teams are racking up, it really is about the strength of your top 30 players rather than your ideal best 22 isn’t it. It’s clear that the ability of the likes of Hams, Browne, Jerrett, Dempsey, Fantasia, Kav, Mckernan/Giles, Dalgleish etc to come in feel ready and actually contribute is vital to us being a genuine contender. Plus a bit of luck helps.

If HAMS is selected…

i tend to never watch the prisoners so could someone tell me how tall they are? As in could we afford to bring in extra height? Ie Giles or mckernan?
TBELL clearly needs some help and throwing our forwards in there isnt cutting it
Obviously cooney is out, was benny just cramping or is he unlikely too?

I think Dempsey probably comes in for cooney
Maybe KAV! Could get a run if benny misses?
I’d like to see Wilba Hams come in but probably too soon
The other problem i have is who goes out if we bring in a ruckman
Ambrose will have an important role against these ■■■■■■, joe is in good form, jakey C looks like he’s just on the cusp of hitting his stride imho

Back six are settled so you dont play with that,
Do we play one less runner off the bench?
Glad its not my job to work this crap out

EDIT: didnt see the posts re wet game so i guess forget most of what i said about an extra tall coming in for a runner, could only go tall for tall

No kav please, not this week. Kid can’t play id hate to say. Play him in a bulldogs \ giants \ suns kind of game.

Dempsey would be the wise choice but we know what he did last anzac day coming in. I’d be happy with anyone but kav

Ins: Dempsey laverde
Out: cooney ashby

Give ashby full game in ressies then come back next week.
Debut laverde Anzac Day as sub.
Dempsey back after some practice games hopefully better than last years Anzac Day.

Emergencies
Mckernan, kavanagh, k Langford

I've heard some people suggest bringing Giles in. I like this idea of stretching Collingwood's defence.. especially if its a dry day. In: giles. Dempsey out: cooney ashby (not because of form).

Current forecast for Saturday is cold & wet.

That was the forecast for yesterdays game, but it was perfect weather. It is too early to make that call

I’m not sure about playing Ashby after 2 weeks in the vest. Might need some match fitness in the 2’s. Though I think he has been fantastic.

Why ashby out? Has been terrific when he’s come on, hasn’t set a foot wrong. For mine he starts on the ground and he’s earnt it, demps comes in for ■■■■ and dempsey starts as sub, or possibly gleeson

Yeah, I’m not sure why you’d drop Ashby. Give him four quarters to unleash his anger.

If HAMS is selected......

…he’ll probably play.

Surely Dempsey comes in. Last year we were all in love with his tackling.

Don’t like Dempsey as the sub.

Which year was it when Dempsey played as a sub after having no match practice and got smashed holding the ball several times. It was one of the last 3 Anzac games.

I would think one of Hams or Kav would be next in line from the great preseason they apparently had, if Dempsey is not ready.

Would love a small forward like Edwards or Fantasia.

Surely Ashby plays a full game and Dempsey is sub.

Any chance Browne gets a gig this week?

Irish!

Don't like Dempsey as the sub.

But it worked so well in the final

Can’t have Ashby as sub again.
So he either plays a full game or goes back and has a run.

We are $1.40 for this game at Pies $2.80. We are way to short and this worries me.

Can't have Ashby as sub again. So he either plays a full game or goes back and has a run.

We are $1.40 for this game at Pies $2.80. We are way to short and this worries me.

HTFU

drop 7k on us, easy money.