ANZAC Day clash. Changes, previews etc

Ins: Kav

Out: Cooney

In: Hams and J Merrett

Out: Howlett and Cooney

Sub: Hams

Give Ashby a full run.

Howlett was just about bog this week, you rabbit brains. He had a slight cramp. He’s not farkin dead!

Don't like Dempsey as the sub.

But it worked so well in the final

And last anzac day. Dempsey needs to play from the start if and when picked, he’s a confidence player that takes awhile to warm up, not something we need when most likely he’ll be brought on in the middle of an intense battle.

and is he even playing well in the seconds ? or do people just want him in just cos ?

Fire up, Deckham :slight_smile:

Howlett was just about bog this week, you rabbit brains. He had a slight cramp. He's not farkin dead!
Has been among our best each week, even when playing sore. Without Myers, he is needed at the bottom of packs, burrowing in and getting the ball out. Was also handy around goals yesterday. Required player, will line up as selected. Those calling for him to be ousted, have no idea.

I find it strange that people want to bring in Dempsey for Cooney.
Not exactly like for like and we aren’t short of HBF’s in the current 22. If Demps comes in who plays up the ground?
If Demps is going to come in and play up the ground, why wouldn’t he have done so today (I’m assuming he didn’t based on everything I’ve heard and read).

Surely Hams is a better chance because we need improvement at stoppages as much (or more) than anything else right now.

drop 7k on us, easy money.

off topic but i do wonder if Peeto drop that 7k on Hawks to beat us.

Hooker for the anzac medal

Bombers by 24

2 changes required for team balance

In Giles/mckernan , dalgliesh/hams
Out Cooney (inj) ,1 other Ashby v unlucky

Zaka or Hurley bog will play a blinder

Joe 5.0
Cloke 0.5

Hooker 29 marks

So essentially you’re suggesting we bring in a ruckman for Cooney and that change is “required for team balance”? o_0

Demps for Cooney.

Howlett to sub, after failing to run out the last 2 matches. Full game for Ashby.

Demps for Cooney.

Howlett to sub, after failing to run out the last 2 matches. Full game for Ashby.

Didn’t he kick the sealer yesterday after everyone bar Trav Colyer were out on their feet?

The majority of our 22 haven’t had the best of pre-seasons for reasons well aware to us and we will continue to see that until about mid season in my opinion.

We took the foot off the accelerator with an eye on ANZAC Day, nothing to see here.

No way benny is sub with his contested style, considering there is no myers and hocking

In Anzac days past I swear Ess and Coll have played their previous round matches on the same day to give them the same break.

Seriously need ASADA thread back. I’ve just got too many conspiracies

In Anzac days past I swear Ess and Coll have played their previous round matches on the same day to give them the same break.

Seriously need ASADA thread back. I’ve just got too many conspiracies

Nah, I’m sure I recall us coming off 5 days and them 7 not long back.

Collingwood doesn’t have the best midfield atm and would be a perfect time for Hams to play. Has good form and would compete well against their midgets.

Dempsey in would be VERY tempting but maybe one more week in the 2’s wouldn’t harm him.

In: Hams
Out: Cooney (inj)

B: Baguley Hooker Fletcher
HB: Ashby Hurley Hibberd
C: Goddard Watson Colyer
HF: Howlett Carlisle Z.Merrett
FF: Chapman Daniher Zaharakis
R: Bellchambers Heppell Melksham
I: Stanton Ambrose Hams SUB: Gleeson
E: Dempsey Giles J.Merrett

Hurley takes Cloke, Melksham runs with Swan.

Hibberd is due for a big one. Ambrose will smash Goldsack (again!!).

FKN EXCITED to get on that plane over

In: Dempsey and Laverde
Out: Cooney and Ashby

Sub: Gleeson

Would love to see Laverde hold tradition of a debut on Anzac Day

Could possibly play Giles /Mckernan as an extra option up fwd, and pitch in the ruck

Reckon they will consider Browne for the coondog and give him the vest. Id be stoked to see that

Demps & Kav for Coons &Ashby.

Need solid tacklers and inside muscle/running power for the wet and we’ve been below par in the middle. Kav also provides another defensive option for a run with. He’s more solid then Hams (in if Howlett misses) and more dynamic than NoB - should be perservered with, a lot thought HH was a plodder in the beginning.

Demps a straight swap for Coons