ANZAC DAY Essendon LEGENDS and HYPE THREAD (no pie talk allowed)

11 Likes

Mcphee sunk a beautiful goal on the run that day to finish Collingwood off I remember.

3 Likes

Dunno how to pin point, but there was an amazing smother by Hird on Didak in I think 2004. Put his body on the line big time. Might even get called taking the legs these days.

[quote=ā€œwestozziebomber, post:11, topic:22091, full:trueā€]
the roar after this goal was huge. probably my favourite Anzac day moment

Man that makes me sad. Such a ripping guy.

3 Likes

This thread is more fun than the other one.

12 Likes

I was at the 95 game, Hirds second goal to put us in front with 2 minutes to go was beautiful.

3 Likes

Hirdā€™s speccy in 2005 after he got reported earlier in the match.

1 Like

Yep.

We smashed them by 11 goals and that was when Anthony Rocca put them within a kick about halfway through the 3rd quarter., that was my favourite of all.

Was my birthday so the night before some mate and I ended up at some Greek nightclub the night before and a couple were pies fans. They were going decent at the time and we were 2-2 with a % of about 100 and the pies fan said to my mate (essendon fan) ā€œIā€™ll give you 5 goals inā€ my mate who was blind drunk at this stage ā€œILL GIVE YA 10 GOAL IN YOU MALAKAā€.

We all laughed and we were still laughing 24 hours later, except the pies fan.

5 Likes
8 Likes

The Hird goal that put us up by 6 pts late in the Drawn game was a ripper.

Cut a path between 2 Coll players that I swore wasnā€™t there, and I was right behind the kickā€¦never going to miss.

1 Like

Has to be one of the most underrated goals in the history of the club.

18 Likes

Looking back at the 2005 highlights, boy was there some class between Laycock and Lovett. Pity neither could make the most of it.

3 Likes

That was just an all round spectacular game of footy.

2 Likes

They hung around for 3/4ā€™s then we rinsed them in the last.

1 Like

Didak tried to sell him some candy, Hirdy already had it in his pocket though, was genius.

About 7:10 in

6 Likes

tenor (2)

20 Likes

Thatā€™s getting a play on my Facebook if we win

2 Likes

Any of you whipper snappers who missed out. This ones worth a watch.

5 Likes

Timely reminder we arenā€™t completely ā– ā– ā– ā–  against these ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

3 Likes

Yep,

One of the best individual games every plsyed.

4 Likes