ANZAC Day Jumper

absolutely love it…great effort.

Quoted Post

I appreciate the sentiment, but that looks horrid.

Just hope this doesn’t turn into an annual thing.

in the vid they said it was all for the 100 year anniversary.

What’s wrong with the regular guernsey?

Was unsure initially, but waited until I saw the vid before passing judgement, I like it. Good, solid reasons for the design.

The reasons for the poppies on the sash is inspired, and more than justifies the altering of the sash, not the first time it’s been altered by the way. (At least the 5th time I think… widened for colour tv, was made into a seat belt, widened even more for the clash jumper, sublimated logos, now the poppies).

A nice touch, Essendon, the descendants of the fallen will be impressed.

I really like it, love the explanation behind it. A lot of thought has gone into this, it’s not purely $$$ driven.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
How about we honour the history of our club and past players by preserving history?

Bugger me. A chance to make a few quid and we’ll sell our soul.

@Riolio, how visible do you think the poppies on the ‘sash’ will be from row Z of the top deck near the pocket?

LOL, clearly you don’t care about history seeing as thats the 1915 sash

I absolutely do. Did the 1915 sash have poppies?

If they really wanted reflect the early 20thC, half the sashes would go over the right shoulder.

Our 18 players with infraction notices will be wearing it regardless of the outcome Tuesday.

Loving it!

I happen to love it. Great to commemorate such an important event 100 years on. I will do my best to buy it. I reckon it is brilliant!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
How about we honour the history of our club and past players by preserving history?

@Riolio, how visible do you think the poppies on the ‘sash’ will be from row Z of the top deck near the pocket?

If they really wanted reflect the early 20thC, half the sashes would go over the right shoulder.

Can’t be serious, seeing as the Poppy didn’t gain significance until after 1915 actually happened …

Look, if someone held a gun to our head and said “you must come up with an Anzac Day clash strip” then this is an ok one. But it seems like we’ve just done it voluntarily, and I’m not entirely sure why. Just smells of something completely unnecessary.

Can anyone (fog?) confirm if we WERE compelled by the AFL etc to come up with an Anzac Day clash strip, before I get all self-righteous and narky about it?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Can’t be serious, seeing as the Poppy didn’t gain significance until after 1915 actually happened …

Therefore it isn’t the 1915 sash!

You didn’t read the club blurb, did you?

Like.

Proceeds of the jumper sales are going to charity

Edited post. Okay, ive had a few tins. Watched the video. Im a fan

I like it. Looks better than the English Premier League Remembrance Day shirts where they usually stick a graphic of one poppy on the existing strip. The whole idea of the poppies is that there should be a field of them, and that’s what we got.

Isn’t it a bit too soon for us to be associated with poppies?

That is not the 1915 sash.
That is the retail product we’ve produced to make more money out of a sacred day than we already do.

I liken these sorts of jumpers to the Remembrance Day jerseys in other sports.
In the EPL they wear a poppy, like Collingwood will this year.

Then there’s what the American’s do on Remembrance day:

Camouflage uniforms

I would suggest we’re closer to the Americans than the English in the way we’re representing ourselves.

Quoted Post

What's wrong with the regular guernsey?
It doesn't make more money

Of course.

Silly me.