ANZAC Day Review thread

You weren’t happy at half time.

1 Like

■■■ No No No.
Blitzers aren’t allowed to see me like that.

Trust me, I was worse at three quarter time.
I was like a loonie at that English public speaking park.

1 Like

Would have said hi, but I was much the same.

I haven’t chucked a fit at home in ages. My neighbours are loud Siciians though, so they probably think it’s weird they don’t hear me yelling the word ■■■■ more often.

According to my blitz stats this is my most liked post. I should tempted by violence more often

Watching football shows: won’t talk about the game itself, let’s just drive a coach out of the game.

10 Likes

Standard. Even before the season starts they’re onto it.

Watched both footy classified and talking footy 99% collingwood we’re ■■■■ 1% random crap 0% acknowledging we were ■■■■■■■ beast mode today

1 Like

Like the Hawthorn game, it felt like the opposition crowd conceded defeat at the start of the game. Basically never said boo.

2 Likes

I forgot to set it to tape!
:weary::see_no_evil::worried::confounded::rage::crying_cat_face:

Taping the replay that is at 3am. :smirk_cat:

5 Likes

Can anyone confirm if this is in fact the real Judd Lalich?

6 Likes

Darcy Parish is my favourite player!!!

1 Like

Chuck on a little Theo Parrish and crack open a single malt!

Yep it is

3 Likes

That was a great game. Watched it in my hotel room in Vietnam. The third quarter had me so fired up my four year old came over and gave me a cuddle to calm me down.

We have a forwardline! So many options down there. We are not relying on the midfield to kick goals, but when they do we will become even more potent. All our forwards kicked goals today and it makes it very difficult for the defence because they cannot zone off and double team. Also how good is it having crumbers front and centre, and kicking goals!

When our midfield clicks (because that is where the majority of returning playes are running through) we are going to see some serious scoreboard pressure. We only had 43 inside 50s and still kicked over 100 on a wet day. That is seriously impressive efficiency.

7 Likes

I have two beers left and that’s it; no more spirits.

Trying to find something on vinyl that might meet your needs…

I’ve got some old school acid house like ‘Energy Flash’ by Joey Beltram, but I apologise if it’s not what you’re looking for.

3 Likes

It’s not house, but Luke Slater’s Love seems an appropriate tune to add to your mix.

1 Like

To whoever asked (maybe Ivan?), about 100 posts back, whether Goddard played a negating role on Pendlebury, yes, I think he did. He was with him almost every time I checked, when they were both on the ground, and yes, he did a superb job. It would be the first time I have ever seen Goddard play that role.

Some very special things today, and without wishing to repeat things that have already been said, my 2 bobs worth -
It is great to see our young players being the key players now. Zac is the leader of the midfield now, the one that you want to get the ball to whenever we are under pressure. Heppell played well today, but Zac is now our leader.
McGrath never fumbles. He is looking very very good for a 5 gamer.
Joe, in the role of an up the ground target, is a weapon with his field kicking.
Our older guys are struggling - I hope Job can gradually get back to his best, but he is making it look hard. His ball use has dropped away alarmingly. Stanton, Bags and Kelly will be lucky to see out the season as best 22. But I, for one, am happy to carry them to season’s end. However, the future looks good with what is coming through.
I thought Hurley benefited a lot today from not playing on a big key forward. He was on Fasolo a lot of the time, and it released him a bit. I think that is his best role.
Tippa is just sublime. Don’t count possessions, just watch the game. He influences outcomes and creates something whenever he is near it. If his fitness was once a query, it is no longer. His pace is great late in the game.
Hooker was so much better today, except for those 2 humungous gaffes in the 3rd when he failed to get the ball to an open man. Hopefully, he is back now.

4 Likes

I have Luke Slater’s ‘Stars and Heroes’! Fkn tune!

1 Like