ANZAC Day Review thread

Can be mixed into Black Cab’s Sexy Polizie with judicious use of the pitch controller, as chord progression is the same, but keys’ are different.

3 Likes

I like Black Cab :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What about forklift by joey Beltram Luke slater remix

2 Likes

You are honestly a peice of fkg sht

1 Like

A good female friend of mine who is a mad Pies fan was flatmates with Judd Lalich for a little while. She said he was always staunch Essendon post-career and is a top bloke.

12 Likes

I was in M10 - your throw calls were on the money at least!!

Oh and I also heard the Green HTB outrage over in M12! Mirrored my reaction to it.

Always room for improvement. But who cares about that now. We beat Collingwood! On Anzac Day! Joey, Tippa, Fantasia, Merrett, McGrath, Parish, Heppell, Green…I could go on. All did wonderful things during the game that left me happy to be a Bomber supporter.

Seeing both Hurley and Baguely finally click back in their backline roles - that was fantastic to see.

Haven’t got it on vinyl, but jeez I like you guys.

Today’s result confirmed the view that Essendon are heading in the right direction. Big picture, the boys self belief and trust in the game plan / their team mates will build with each win and what a special win that was.

Now for Melbourne who have a well rested and highly motivated Lewis to lead the team. Both clubs are coming off short breaks after playing in the wet. To frank todays win they must beat the Dees. Potential problem is the favorite in these clashes inevitably loses. C’mon boys, you can do it. You have a great chance to build something special this year

2 Likes

Fk Luke Slater.

Tork about Essendon FFS>

2 Likes

I thought that Joey’s third term in the ruck and around the ground effort and BJ’s centre clearance work, after being unsighted in the first half, helped swing the tide in the second half.

I was actually impressed with Aaron Francis’s first qtr effort. Loved the mark and set shot goal, looked very composed. He dropped off a bit after qtr time but still bobbed up here and there in small spurts for the rest of the match. Would love to see him string a number of games together now uninterrupted.

Loved McGrath’s game all day. Loved how he tried to go for a few of his runs in the second half when others were beginning to tier, his fearless and relentless attack on the ball and composed use of it too. The greatest McGrath to ever grace the 'G IMO.

The Raz and Walla double act is a sight to behold when it’s up and running along with the Josh Green cameo. Exciting times ahead in that foward line.

Love seeing big contested marks being taken by Hooker on the goal line or close to goal instead of about 3 or 4 opposition defenders continually clearing it out of our forwardline from blazing kicks into our F50.

Darcy Parish flashed in and out of the game and did some great things.

Just love Zach Merrett. Just so good to have a reliable mid that can use the ball and make decisions consistently well and feel safe when he’s got the pill in hand.

Hepps did a lot of important grunt work today without being too prolific. Did score an outstanding captain’s goal at an important period in the game.

Backline were under the pump all day and got better as the match progressed. Ambrose did his job again restricting Moore to very few possessions and only 1 late goal.

There were still a few issues that the team needs to work on such as not letting teams get out of our F50 with ease after a behind is scored and getting into their F50 so quickly and getting bogged down trying to exit our D50.

Constant fumbles and overuse of handball through the middle is still a work in progress too that we need to minimize if were to be a top four or even just a finals contender.

But overall it was good to have a win on ANZAC Day and a great relief too. Just hope that we can build on it now.

4 Likes

I’m dead. Il summarise my thoughts when I’m a hungover peice of sht at the airport tomorrow

Thank you Essendon. That was awesome

20 Likes

Lets hope next time you’re on here and not considered to be 100% positive by the rabble masses, that they turn on you.

no doubt after the melbourne game when and if we produce a similar poorly skilled game, you’ll be back on here carrying on like you do.I hope you and “dingus” remember how you treated someone who was “happy” with a win, but not so much with how it was achieved.
cos if we play like that against anyone but a bottom 4 side, how do you think it’ll end ?

But yeah, funny how you and others are so happy, yet feel the need to keep attacking me for having an opinion that it wasn’t that great a game of footy.
I also did say collingwood were worse than us.

But good to know you won’t ever be on here criticising the team or club again, cos that’d make you one hell of a hypocrite hey.

Stick to your guns brother, I’m unfortunately stuck on the waters.

Joedan kicks a goal from a lazy 80metres out to earn goal of the year.
We played hard in the wet for the 1st quarter and had loads of ump decisions go against us.
Anytime they had the ball was Tippa time, too long your gone!
Sometimes like dkp there’s no pleasing some people, but we’re pretty pleased!

2 Likes

In all honesty, aside from those holding the ball decisions in the 3rd and the relaxed attitude to throwing, that’s how a game should be umpired.
9 frees each with nothing soft paid.

3 Likes

Fk McNiece was good late. His desperation and spoiling was impressive and timely.

His whole game was really impressive.

8 Likes

More about what wasn’t paid - was ridiculous.

3 Likes

Wasn’t a pretty game from either team really, and I’m just happy to come away with the 4points, and a relatively solid win, but fk it seemed a strange sort of game.

Many of the returned showed an improvement in form, and the whole team look like they took a step forward towards what we are aiming for, … just a few more games together, and it will just click more & more with each one.

I am seriously wondering if Jobe needs to come back & re sign up with the carnivores, …but am hoping he just needs another 2 or 3 games to get back to his old self.

JD was immense. Won the game for us today, by just picking the team up & showing them the way. He has really come of age, and it will just get better from now on, he’s sure to take a great leap forward in confidence in what he is truly capable of from this match.

Could almost compare it to Paddy’s break through when he had to solo ruck on that A day game. A sterling display, that had me nominating him for the medal, (according to my bro) about half way through the 3rd. Just fantastic JD.

4 Likes

You are a negative, Essendon loathing piece of ■■■■. I stand by it, and I’ll be here next week, the week after and every week of every year until I can’t use my ancient fingers to talk about Essendon anymore.

But I will never, ever, in that time, bag and pisss on a group that just beat our worst enemy with their backs against the wall. I will never bag our team for their efforts against a traditional foe. I will never be such a prissy, negative ■■■■■■ that I would see what I saw today and still have a moan like a negative piece of self loathing craaaap. You are the worst supporter this club has. We just won. We won.

WE FARKING WON.

Shut the he Fark up, you whining ■■■■■■.

13 Likes

1.5 more beers to stick to, so not many more guns.

I have the original Guru Josh Infinity album that I picked up for five bucks a few years ago. Okay, gonna smash the Sasha mix of ‘Out of Control’ - Chemical Brothers/Bernard Sumner.

Enough self-indulgence here; love you all!

3 Likes