Tippa

Tippa

Tippa

magic like stars.

dean rioli like

so many pressure acts

10 Likes

Just looking at the backline.

Kelly Bags and Mcgrath were really interesting today.

Thought Kelly defended well all day, was sloppy with the ball for 2 and a half quarters, then tidied it up after that, so overall a good game 7/10

Bags struggled defensively most of the day but then played loose and took 3-4 intercept marks in the last quarter - 5.5/10

Mcgrath was a positive impact on most of his contests all day and provided run out of the back half. 7/10.

If those three can hold that form i think we’re pretty well placed because although Hurls has struggled a bit, he was very good defensively today and Ambrose has also been rock solid, Brown was serviceable today and we kept them to 11 goals.

Forward line is up and running and mids are working into it. On the whole i think we’re in that 7-12 range for a reason, matches against Melbourne and Freo in the next fortnight will tell us if we’re at the top of that range or battling to avoid the bottom 6.

2 Likes

I was so deflated at half-time and found it very difficult to comprehend that we could do what we did to close out the game; but, it happened :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thought Woosha’s willingness to move Hooker early on - even for a brief time -was a plus. Bags playing loose in the final quarter was a winner. Hurls started to look like Hurls. The young guys were fantastic. The future is looking good! Also thought that it was just wonderful for the whole Daniher family to see Joe play so well and deservedly win the medal.

12 Likes

You build skill by playing with skill.

We won because we’re the better team.

Like I said all week. Pies are trash.

2 Likes

Is this really all you can focus on?
Baguley considering the past couple of weeks played back into form.
Daniher was awesome
Fanta sick
Tippa sweet
Hurley nice as well Zerrett
Brown, Franga good hands
Colyer good but use control.
Watson good but need to be more effective
Parish really good 1st half needs to switch between mids on ball ups
Rather than be a negative nancy, constructive approach does well.
Loved every part of the game today as well as the pizz and the celebration.
Cheers

3 Likes

Thought we were done in that third quarter. So pleased they were able to dig deep and run over the. Thought Bags and Kelly turned things around in that last quarter. Much better.

2 Likes

No cheap over the top goals from the square for you sidebottom you front running ■■■■

18 Likes

Yep, that was great. I was so impressed that he was willing to make that move with Hooker.

You have major issues, not Essington issues, major ones that require some serious help. But like you I am pessimistic about your chances of every getting the help you require.

Meanwhile the players, including Jobe had stated the 10 day break was badly needed. They know what they want to do and how to do but lack the match fitness to make it happen. It is even harder when it is wet and slippery conditions that do not lend itself to clean disposal and careful breaking of the lines.

They are clearly still trying to do it right and it works throughout the game at times but breaks down as they all tire.

At this time we still have some issues, but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that because if we didn’t we would be like Adelaide or GWS but we are not, hence our ladder position.

At this point in time I am really pleased with the team overall and the direction we are heading.

So you want to slit your wrists, do so on Collingwood’s forum not this one. Most of us here are happy with our team and the promise it shows us after all these years.

10 Likes

I wish we had ten of tippa in the side, his pressure around the contest and off the ball, making the opposition second guess is second to none. Always gives chase even if he is 10-15 metres away.

■■■■■■■ awesome. I am putting his Number on my sons guernsey lol.

6 Likes

That game from Joe was the best game from a bomber ive seen in a long time.

3 Likes
36 Likes

Same with Baguley and to a lesser extent Hurley. Good to see.

He was really really good. I too was surprised how few he had on the stats sheet.

FAP FAP FAP

1 Like

60 Likes

I may have gotten a stiffy when Tippa ran down Hoskin-Elliot

14 Likes

You are an absolute wan*

Everyone go and watch the highlights and just look at JoeDan’s effort for that game winner, that has got to be one of the goals of the year, literally kicks it from within 4 pies players

15 Likes