ANZAC Day Review thread

Geez you are a miserable sod.

A cripple fight was Ess v Carl last year. That wasn’t even close. It was a good, honest, hard fought win.

Get over yourself.

9 Likes

I changed my tip from Essendon to Collingwood an hour before the game. You can all thank me in your own time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s so nice to have a forward line

28 Likes

Sick, had to stay home but sooooo happy. I love our boys. Have to say Treloar played a cracking game for the Filth, though he shoulda been pinged for HTB on a few occasions.

Three wins and two losses with Adelaide (in Adelaide) out of the way. Happy days.

1 Like

I don’t think leuy beat Grundy. I think our resurgence was from Joe rucking.

12 Likes

Huge. Enjoy all as it has been long overdue.

Joe Dan, Tippa, Raz - congrats to Joe; couldve raffled them off for the medal, all were superb.

Again annoying that we drifted off for a patch late in the second, and a little in the third, but nice to see us often getting better as the game wears on. Hit 100 points again, and it seems when we do so we likely win.

Hands on hips from Franga at times but my goodness it was joyous viewing more or less. So clean, so naturally talented and he gave us a lot of glimpses. Kicked a sweet goal early too.

Both Hurls and Bags needed better games, and both did exactly that. Bags was absolutely tremendous in the last quarter as were McGrath and Kel in defence.

As for Stants, unfortunately he just looked shot - and I have always been as big a fan as anybody. He stopped chasing at times.

1 Like

Had to clear out straight after the medal. Train is full of Collingwood supporters, as all you fabulous bunch are still in the ground. Good times. :grin:

4 Likes

Plz let this be the end of Buckley

1 Like

Current bottom six on the ladder is GLORIOUS

21 Likes

it says right in my post i’m happy for the win.

it’s like sex, sure you’re happy when ya get it, but you don’t go bragging about it when it’s a one legged, calloused handed, no teethed grandma hooker in her 80’s when you’re pretty sure you have to go get tested for every possible std.

yes that performance was akin to that very ■■■■■■ analogy.
it’s better winning on anzac day than losing. but that was just, wow.

1 Like

Kudos to our back half again. So many entries that got repelled. Brown, Kelly, McGrath, Ambrose and Hurls held it together.

1 Like

Cracking match and a pleasure to watch the second half with Riolio who was visiting Singapore #veryrandom

3 Likes

Get in here, shtdcks!

1 Like

Green kicked as many as Elliot the annoying little prick. Haha Collingwood.

5 Likes

There were three blokes used to stand in the windsock pocket in the 70’s and early 80’s.
Wearing their Bombers gear they’d spend all game bagging our players, our coaches, our game plan.
Never saw tham as miserable as in 1984.
In 1985 they stopped turning up.
Couldn’t find anything to whinge about?
Are you sure you’re not one of them?

14 Likes

Jobe was running, but his legs weren’t moving in that last qtr. solid game.

McGrath was awesome in that last qtr. lots of poise, keeps his feet. And like Jobe, seems to have great torso strength - hard to tackle.

JD should never have a set shot again. He should kick them from the 50 m arc on the run. Deserving winner of Anzac Day medal…not given to many forwards.

If you have tippa on your tail, don’t try to beat him, seriously. Hoskin-Elliot, what a muppet…it was like watching a hyena chasing its prey. Ain’t going to be anything good but dinner.

Hurley, good game but too many short kicks that didn’t come off.

Heppell, I think it’s his hair…seem to see it everywhere.

Enjoying my train trip home with my son…

8 Likes

Yeah, no surprises is the first change is Looney for Bellchambers especially with T-Bells weekend game and the Melbourne’s ruck issues

2 Likes

Middle child gives small fist pump on the siren.

For those who missed it earlier this means “this is the greatest day of my life”.

15 Likes

Good win by the lads, there is so much improvement to come from the boys, once we have a settled line-up and better cohesion this will be a good side.

GO THE DONS

3 Likes

Plus Bags in the 4th quarter.

Brown was very good, Hurley recovered a bit of his football mojo, McGrath already looks like a 50+gamer, Kelly made some mistakes but was overall superb.
Ambrose was unsighted but his opponents weren’t damaging.

1 Like