ANZAC Day ticket information

Thank you!
I got tickets at the front of level 4. Any good?

Just out of interest, no one has a partner who supports Melbourne or Richmond by any chance and can give up a barcode? Want to grab tickets for their game on the Wednesday night

Oops

Should be decent . I could only get level 4 row x at the back in the nosebleeds but it is on the wing in the middle so least a decent view. I tried a few times to change tix and best row I could get was T but was more near the goals . In the end I just grabbed what I could as I had already paid for airfares and accommodation so didn’t want to miss out on tix.

I don’t understand how when you get on the website at 10:02 all the level 2 seats are gone? How do they all get exhausted or are they all purchased by AFL members?? Or am I missing something

1 Like

It’s a great aerial view of the whole playing field, without being too high up.
I actually prefer it to ground level now.

1 Like

I got blind last night, forgot about tickets, woke up and got level 4 in the Olympic row G. That will do

1 Like

Wob you’ll have to drink for my at the Royal , I’ll be in Hanoi somewhere.
Hope it’s on somewhere :flushed:

Got a ticket in row JJ somewhere in the Olympic Stand :joy::joy:
Just hope I don’t crash my motorbike the day before like a few years and have to limp up the stairs!

1 Like

I got row C behind the goals this evening. Great spot IMO, stoked.

Esse
Don

Clap clap clap

It’s where I prefer to sit GA, excellent view and I like the end to end view of the play but yeah it can be a little tame at times although the Geelong bloke that wanted to smash me last year thought I was going a bit far :smile:

2 Likes

“I don’t understand how when you get on the website at 10:02 all the level 2 seats are gone? How do they all get exhausted or are they all purchased by AFL members?? Or am I missing something?”

AFL member tickets don’t go on sale until Mar 15. These are in a specific part of the southern stand so no impact on what’s available to date. In any case I don’t know how many L2 seats are available for GA. Suspect not many, if any. As far as I’m aware L2 is taken up by club members and various other package holders.

1 Like

I could only get 2 tickets Top Deck behind the goals (Row Y).
Not ideal, but at least they’re cheap.

I live in Queensland and have booked flights and accommodation for my family of 4 with the aim to take them to the Anzac day match.

My wife called ticketek at 10am today and already everything is fine except a few single standing room tickets. How can this be? I thought I would be done to get 6 tickets but it looks like I’m cooked.

Is there anyway for me to get tickets? I’m not a member. Ideally need 6 tickets but if not I could go 4 for my family, or 2 and just take my 6 year old daughter… Or do I just bite the bullet and but a single standing room ticket for myself?.

My family is devastated

Worst case, eBay mate. I’ve had to resort to this method few times myself, albeit it at a premium price.

In years gone by they released the restricted view tickets, along with any tickets returned via sponsors, the week prior to the game (by restricted view it just means that you might not see the first metre or so inside the boundary line). Not sure if that’s the case this year - might be worth checking with Ticketek to see?

I was in a similar situation and needed 6 tickets so I bought 2 interstate memberships just so I could get them during the member release because I figured id be lucky in the public sale. Obviously cost me a bit more but wanted to make sure I got them.

I flunked out. Tried to get two tickets (both GA membership upgrades) on Tuesday - site said they aren’t on sale - even though it was during the membership presale period. On Wednesday morning at 10am, nothing available. A bit ticked and sent through an email to the club about it.

It took 75 mins for ticketek to fix the bomber squad tickets but thankfully I got mine. We haven’t had success on Anzac Day for a while. Really looking forward to this one.

So, what’s the date for the very last release of tickets, left over corporates and all that?

edit: assume still same date

From the Ticketek website:

General Public:
Public tickets for the Collingwood v Essendon, ANZAC Day match on Wednesday April 25 at the MCG are now exhausted. Further tickets may become available as a result of unused Club or AFL allocations. If available, tickets will be released via Ticketek at 9am, Thursday April 19. Tickets will be strictly limited and subject to availability.

1 Like