Apple's Latest

Maybe someone here can help you.

Who makes Netbooks anymore? They died a long time ago. Are you referring to Ultrabooks ie. Macbook Air and its competitors?

There are still a lot around.

So your saying one device, with a larger screen that can be both your phone and your tablet is what you ended up being content with?

Geez, who could have seen that comingā€¦?

1 Like

And all the arguments mounted against such a thing ā€¦

1 Like

I have vivid memory of the suggestion a few years back and Doe in particular thought I was barking mad

The next step it needs to take to reach my vision from a few years ago is Rolos ip9 taking the place of his MBP so he starts a rimfya creation over his morning cornflakes on his docked phone at home, finishes his breakfast, cycles into his office strataing and listening to bell and Sebastian, docks his phone again at the office and keeps working on his creation

This was after the first galaxy note game out, which incidentally had a smaller screen than the iPhone plusā€™s do now, and only .3 of an inch better than the standard iPhone

NEW MACBOOK PRO GET

I canā€™t see myself getting another laptop/netbook/ultrabook/MacBook Pro.

Whatever I can do on my iPad transfers to the iMac anyway.

iPhone X and iPhone 8. Iā€™ve had a 6S for about two years and itā€™s about to be out of contract. I was sort of assuming Iā€™d get one of the new ones but Iā€™m not. Facial recognition? Donā€™t want it; Iā€™m happy with TouchID. No Home button? No. I like the Home button. Wireless charging? Who cares?

So Iā€™ll stick with the 6s until itā€™s not doing what I want it to do.

1 Like

that bezeless phone looks awful.

Samsungs is how it should be, also the xiaomi mi mix is a good way to do it.

Wireless charging lol. My 4 year old Nexus has wireless charging.

I think I will wait for the next year and see what they have. They have a year of complaints and problems to make a better phone.

cant for the life of me understand why people would buy an 8 or even an x over a 7ā€¦

Seems to be legit no difference between 7 and 8 apart from name and a glass back

If you donā€™t want all the bells and whistles of an X and already have a 7, I wouldnā€™t bother upgrading

Mainly under the hood hardware upgrades other than that not much difference between 7 and 8.

Why does the 8 exist? Why isnā€™t the X the 8? Iā€™m guessing business reasons only - being able to charge in that higher bracket.

The X isnā€™t available when the 8 will be.
The 8 is September 22.
The X is in late October. Jake Carlisle already has a line pre-ordered for him.

Iā€™m not getting either.
Have the 7s plus and am happy with it.

Had the choice, ordered the 8 plus, I could not get over the black speaker notch when in landscape, ruined the whole phone. The 8 is basicallu the same anyway

1 Like

$1500? Are they taking the ā– ā– ā– ā– ? Can get a mid range laptop for that

1 Like