Apple's Latest

Less than 18hrs to go. SO READY!

Might go the charcoal/slate option if available. 64gb? With the young 'un we end up taking so many videos that 32gb is not cutting it.

Does anybody have any idea of what the cheap version of the iPhone will and won't be able to do?  Will it be 4G?  Will it be able to act as a personal hotspot?

As long as it does those things and has 32GB of memory, I don't care if it can't do much else or has a plastic case and no camera or whatever. 

Why do Apple have to release cool things so quickly :mad:

It's not good on the hip pocket.

Shelton: the 5C will basically be an iPhone 5 in a cheaper case. Look for it to be 16 gig storage only if the rumour mills are right.

The 5S *should* come in 32/64/128 gig options. I might go a 32 gig this time, I'm using Spotify more for my music. Maybe. I say that now, bet I end up with a 128 gig one. 

Actual lol at that infographic. Apple didn't include NFC because it is a ■■■■, power hungry technology that had ■■■■ all real world uses until the credit card companies got themselves sorted out and lower power implementations became available. And they won't include it out of 'fear' of Samsung. 

Don’t know about the update but I’d expect that it would be around iPhone launch

There hasn't been a beta update for 3 weeks or so. I reckon we will get the GM seed tomorrow after the keynote

128 gig seems massive considering exactly what you just said geek

I wonder if they might release/show the iWatch now?

Shelton: the 5C will basically be an iPhone 5 in a cheaper case. Look for it to be 16 gig storage only if the rumour mills are right.

The 5S *should* come in 32/64/128 gig options. I might go a 32 gig this time, I'm using Spotify more for my music. Maybe. I say that now, bet I end up with a 128 gig one. 

Actual lol at that infographic. Apple didn't include NFC because it is a ■■■■, power hungry technology that had ■■■■ all real world uses until the credit card companies got themselves sorted out and lower power implementations became available. And they won't include it out of 'fear' of Samsung. 

I liked the icon of a computer monitor next to text about a camera. Seriously infographics are the cancer on the internet.

My Gal3 has NFC and I have never used it. Waste of time. My credit/debit cards handle all that. I have no real idea why you would want it on your phone at present. To me it's just another one of those things they constantly put in products seemingly just to make the specs list longer.

Optus rep just emailed me, September 20 I'll be getting a phone call to order. Let's do this.

Edit: I'd switch to Telstra but not at Benfti's prices. Sheeeeeeesh! :P

I wonder if they might release/show the iWatch now?

I'm not even that sure it's really coming. Any chance they spooked Samsung into coming out with one early?

Actual lol at that infographic. Apple didn't include NFC because it is a ****, power hungry technology that had **** all real world uses until the credit card companies got themselves sorted out and lower power implementations became available. And they won't include it out of 'fear' of Samsung. 

What do you mean fear? Patent wise?

Actual lol at that infographic. Apple didn't include NFC because it is a ****, power hungry technology that had **** all real world uses until the credit card companies got themselves sorted out and lower power implementations became available. And they won't include it out of 'fear' of Samsung. 

I liked the icon of a computer monitor next to text about a camera. Seriously infographics are the cancer on the internet.

I bet you enjoy the EFC's attempted ones with about 4 stats on it.

My Gal3 has NFC and I have never used it. Waste of time. My credit/debit cards handle all that. I have no real idea why you would want it on your phone at present. To me it's just another one of those things they constantly put in products seemingly just to make the specs list longer.
my car stereo has an nfc chip in it to switch my phone to car mode. thats all I have used it for

I have a bluetooth / NFC portable speakers. NFC once it hooks up with everything will be awesome. Battery life as well does sweet bugger all to my tablet as i'm streaming via wifi music unlimited then through NFC to the speaker.

NFC just hasn't had great software implementing it yet.

2 hours remaining. I better wake up to something amazing and not just a slightly modded, gold 5.

Eh.

What’s the wrap up, were the leaks on the money?

Yep. 5S is just a 5 with a better camera, processor and touch sensor. 5C is a 5 in a colour case. The 4S sticks around most surprisingly.

New motion sensor in the 5S sounds rad. Same with the 64 bit architecture. The fact that its up to 2x faster than the 5 is pretty nuts, the tock update is normally a smaller bump than that. Solid upgrade from the 4S for those of us on 2 year contracts.