Apple's Latest

Eh.

My original response (before I decided to not go ahead with it) was a tad more caustic. But I'm sure Tim Cook is hitting the Immodium right now waiting for DT's response.

New motion sensor in the 5S sounds rad. Same with the 64 bit architecture. The fact that its up to 2x faster than the 5 is pretty nuts, the tock update is normally a smaller bump than that. Solid upgrade from the 4S for those of us on 2 year contracts.

im happy that the 4s is sticking, it has the best receiver, assuming at the 5c has the same receiver as the 5/5s. Just catching up on this now. Do apple store the finger prints?

Nup, fingerprints stay onboard the phone, not backed up or sent to iCloud. They were VERY quick to say that

Also: at the least the 5C has a different receiver chip, Apple's touting it as supporting the widest range of LTE bands in the world. 

Ben what’s the difference between a US and Aussie iPhone 5s? Will a US one work on our networks? Cause if you ask me, charging $380 more for the same phone is a farking disgrace.

Nup, fingerprints stay onboard the phone, not backed up or sent to iCloud. They were VERY quick to say that

Anyone who trusts a giant multi national with their fingerprints is a ■■■■■■■ of the highest order.

Ben what's the difference between a US and Aussie iPhone 5s? Will a US one work on our networks? Cause if you ask me, charging $380 more for the same phone is a farking disgrace.

I've seen people saying this on Twitter this morning, it's not being confused between the US-contract and AUS-no contract price, surely.

That's exactly it, Rolo. That US price is what you pay up front on contract, not outright. This happens every year.

EDIT: even the 'contract free' model is subsidised by T-Mobile, hence the price difference. They usually don't sell iPhones outright un the US until a month or so after launch, to appease the carriers. 

Wow that was disappointing. Can't believe they left the camera as is, the pixel density as is(which is already behind some of the top phones) and upgraded the processor without really making room for it to cope with the battery issues. Perhaps time will tell, and the fanboys will get it, but wow that is disappointing. 

Bye Apple.

Just my opinion. 

Wow that was disappointing. Can't believe they left the camera as is, the pixel density as is(which is already behind some of the top phones) and upgraded the processor without really making room for it to cope with the battery issues. Perhaps time will tell, and the fanboys will get it, but wow that is disappointing. 

Bye Apple.

Huh?

They upgraded the camera and the new processor gets better battery life, IIRC.

Also the notion that 'only fanboys' buy Apple products when they're the most mainstream worldwide brand there is, is so outdated.

Bye Apple.

Seeya. If you don't understand the upgrades then it's your loss. 

Bye Apple.

Huh?

They upgraded the camera and the new processor gets better battery life, IIRC.

Also the notion that 'only fanboys' buy Apple products when they're the most mainstream worldwide brand there is, is so outdated.

True true. I'm just going by what i'm hearing and reading(just woke up and am catching up). I will be interested to see what the results are.

I will hold away on the battery life just yet, until the phone really hits the markets. Camera wise, I mean they left it at 8mp. Needed to have gone higher imo.

Still it's just a slight upgrade, and I expected more from Apple. Disappointed.

fwiw i'm a semi-fan boy.

Jesus, people STILL think that more MP = better camera? In that case I better throw away my DSLR, it's only 5mp 

"slight upgrade"

So the processor is up to twice as fast as the 5, with the same battery life and it's a 'slight' upgrade?

If you want MOAR MEGAPIXELS, buy a device built to specs, not experience (see Android, Nokia), they've made a better camera, not a better spec spreadsheet.

Also Apple products routinely exceed their advertised battery life.

Getting upset over 5-to-5S upgrades is for people that don't know how to adjust their expectations accordingly.

5s is a super, awesome, fantastic_like_stars upgrade to my 4. I'll be upgrading in December.

iOS7 looks great, too.

Think of it from a consumer side of things, people don't understand MP.

If you saw an S4 with a 13mp camera, a Xperia with a 13mp camera and an iPhone with an 8 and without knowing cameras a whole lot which way would you go?

They needed to increase it to compete. 

"Now, our competitors would just pack more pixels into that and make them smaller for a stat on a spec sheet. That's not what we do"

Actually said at the presentation. LOL Taj, comeon.

Think of it from a consumer side of things, people don't understand MP.

If you saw an S4 with a 13mp camera, a Xperia with a 13mp camera and an iPhone with an 8 and without knowing cameras a whole lot which way would you go?

They needed to increase it to compete. 

LOL

Anyways, i'll still end up getting it in a month or so. Just wanted more from it.