Apple's Latest

I seem to have a lag when I am closing apps, anybody else come across this?

Do like the new emoticons though!

The emoticons are weird.

They fixed the spacebar/fullstop issue on the 6+ thank goodness.

watched the verge review of the apple watch, thankfully its helped me work out i dont need it

1 Million Apple Watches pre-ordered in the first 24 hours. Multiply that with the ā€œaverageā€ price of $500.

Interesting.

Had a couple of hours with the Apple watch this morning (before I had to hand it over to display stock for a store up here) itā€™s very pretty. But am really struggling to see other than Apple pay what makes this anything different to whatā€™s been out for quite a while from the other mobs.

It really just confirmed my suspicions that watches may not be the next breakthrough thing, so much is going to ride on devs with them.

Over all, an underpowered phone that is on your wrist with a screen that never quite seems big enough and makes you go to your phone more.

Also warning to anyone who gets one over the next few days, default setting is full bore notifications and it will freak you out just how much you actually get, turn heaps of things off before you strap it on, you donā€™t want to know how much spam is going to your junk folders.

Had a couple of hours with the Apple watch this morning (before I had to hand it over to display stock for a store up here) it's very pretty. But am really struggling to see other than Apple pay what makes this anything different to what's been out for quite a while from the other mobs.

It really just confirmed my suspicions that watches may not be the next breakthrough thing, so much is going to ride on devs with them.

Over all, an underpowered phone that is on your wrist with a screen that never quite seems big enough and makes you go to your phone more.

Also warning to anyone who gets one over the next few days, default setting is full bore notifications and it will freak you out just how much you actually get, turn heaps of things off before you strap it on, you donā€™t want to know how much spam is going to your junk folders.

I just realised what the experience was like and this might be an apt analogy over where it might end up, it was very much like when I first got a blackberry. At first I found suddenly having my emails coming to me no matter where I was 24 hours a day freaky after a while I got used to it, tweaked it and loved it, then wondered how I ever got by without it. I suspect where the watch will come into its own is how it will free you up from your phone. Say you can leave your phone on your desk or in your room and wander around without it but still get your notifications and only deal with the important stuff.

Apple watch; receptionist for your phone. Your PAā€™s PA

The watch will need a PA too, Apple Ring?

The watch will need a PA too, Apple Ring?
you are right, eventually, Cyborgs
i want one of those watches and i don't even know wtf it does.

I got my watch today itā€™s awesome
I can call text and read email and more

What do people think about having a device like this with wireless signal attached to your body?

What do people think about having a device like this with wireless signal attached to your body?
As opposed to a phone a few inches from one's jatz crackers?
As opposed to a phone a few inches from one's jatz crackers?

Ok, yes, butā€¦

I make an effort to turn off the phone when in my pocket and turn the phone on during breaks at work and keep the phone a distance away when I canā€¦

do you avoid buildings under power lines? avoid microwaves? electricity?

And chemtrails?

I only want one if it has a little aerial you can pull up.
I donā€™t care if it doesnā€™t do anything.

iPhone 4 screen had a small crack. Today fell out of my pocket and crack now covers approx25% of screen left hand corner.
Would you
A replace screen
B attempt to DIY replace screen
C wipe it and put it up on ebay and get a newer iphone?
d put up with cracked screen until wifeā€™s contract runs out (6 months) and get her 5c.

I know itā€™s almost worthless and if Iā€™m paying $90 to get screen replaced May as well put it towards upgrade phone.

Go to one of those little phone shops in a market and theyā€™ll do it for $60 tops

Go to one of those little phone shops in a market and they'll do it for $60 tops

This this this.

My Apple is still a lemon. l have had to replace the hard drive again. This is # 3. Bostard of a thing.