Apple's Latest

Excited to see the new Apple TV next week. It has replaced our cable box at home (in spirit at least).

Excited to see the new Apple TV next week. It has replaced our cable box at home (in spirit at least).

What are the improvements? Or should I go and find out myself?

Edit: I did and suggestions are that itā€™s not ready. Dramatically needs a new remote. Even using an iDevice as a remote isnā€™t that good.

What are the improvements? Or should I go and find out myself?

Edit: I did and suggestions are that itā€™s not ready. Dramatically needs a new remote. Even using an iDevice as a remote isnā€™t that good.

In the US they are planning on bundling subscriptions to channels including ESPN, CBS, ABC etc so essentially all you need is an internet connection and can cut the cord with the cable company. They already offer a standalone HBO subscriptions ($15 per mo) that is doing well.

Hear you on the remote. It is a 7 year old design. Very minimalist but also not very functional.

Appleā€™s making an android app :smiley:

Music looks good but not sure Iā€™ll ditch Spotify for it yet.

Shame multitasking in ipad is restricted to the latest Air model. At least others get that swipe in feature.

Watch still kinda meh for nowā€¦

Also having Car Play activate without taking my phone out of my pocket is the future I want.

Picked up the new 13" MBP with Force Touch. Oh itā€™s super nice, screen is beautiful. Can never go back.

Got the MBP over the Air for a little more firepower and the screen ā€¦ but itā€™s 100pixels shorter in the same physical size. Bit miffed about that actuallyā€¦

Picked up the new 13" MBP with Force Touch. Oh it's super nice, screen is beautiful. Can never go back.

Got the MBP over the Air for a little more firepower and the screen ā€¦ but itā€™s 100pixels shorter in the same physical size. Bit miffed about that actuallyā€¦

when i realised the ipad air 2 had more pixels and comparative battery to my air. seriously reconsidered life choices.

Legit surprised at Apple Music at first glance, has plenty of features I didnā€™t expect!

Legit surprised at Apple Music at first glance, has plenty of features I didn't expect!

Just updating now

My Apple is a lemon, chapter 42.
This morning suddenly and without warning, the screen on my Macbook died. This is on top of the second time l have had to replace the hard drive, just 6 weeks ago. So, l need a new laptop. Replacing the screen on mine, even if it can still be done, would probably cost more than buying a new one, unless l can fine a place that can fit a second hand screen.

Anything can be doneā€¦ for a price.

Isnā€™t yours like 5 years old?

is anyone having the following problems since updating to IOS 8.4

1. My itunes library wont sync, I ripped a CD on my computer (imac) and usually as soon as I plug in my phone, boom, it updates onto it, now it just wont. I can get any music off my computer onto my phone, its doing my head in.

2. My iPads battery is lasting about 2/3rds of the time it did before the update.

is anyone having the following problems since updating to IOS 8.4
  1. My itunes library wont sync, I ripped a CD on my computer (imac) and usually as soon as I plug in my phone, boom, it updates onto it, now it just wont. I can get any music off my computer onto my phone, its doing my head in.

2. My iPads battery is lasting about 2/3rds of the time it did before the update.

I did the update and every seems good. I took a while to get used to the new layout of Music/iTunes, but I have no sync problems. Then again my stuff is probably set up much more basically than yours

Not sure if Iā€™ve just missed a button somewhere or an ā€œI fear changeā€ reaction but now when I play a certain album by a certain artist it just stops at the end of it, rather than continuing onto the next album by that artist. And no idea where the shuffle on/off button is.

So i have worked out a temporary work around for my itunes problem, and its the inherent problem with Apple in general. So I contacted Apple CS to find out what the deuce was, and what it boiled down to is my version of OSX was to old (Mountain Lion) to run the most recent version of iTunes if I wanted to allow Apple play. Now I keep it on mountain lion because its what is the most stable for ProTools which is the primary function of my Mac.

So i just dusted off the old Lenovo put on itunes, transferred my music library across on a hard drive and boom, there it all was.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  Apple, this is what I dont like about them, they force you have to upgrade, they dont allow you the choice, well they do, but only to a point, and then they apply the squeeze to go out and buy new gear.

At least my windows computers had the decency to blow up before I had to replace them, and if I want to bog down the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of my system thatā€™s my choice.

Again, you dont own anything with an apple logo on it, you rent it from them, which makes the price even more absurd.

Anything can be done... for a price.

Isnā€™t yours like 5 years old?

Yes, l bought it for a specific purpose. The thing only had to last me until the end of July, after that l don't much care, but it has upset my schedule. But wait there is more. A couple of people from work located a little after market repair shop. It turns out a coin found its way inside and caused the motherboard to short out. This little shop is going to repair/replace a few parts for me. The guy doing the repairs worked for Fox Con here for 8 years. They are the company that build Apple products in China, so he will know his stuff. He can fix it for about $ 160 US, whereas a new motherboard at 4 times the price would no have been worth it. I will keep it, but it is now time to look something new as well.

I am open to suggestions / recommendations at this stage. Probably not interested in something new anymore.

Thatā€™s not the slot you put coins in, Captain.

l was as surprised as anyone else when l found out. The only way l can account for it happening was the coin was lodged in an upright position in a pocket of my backpack. The same pocket where l normally put the laptop when l am carrying it around. So, l put it in the pocket and the coin inserted itself.

l was as surprised as anyone else when l found out. The only way l can account for it

HA.
good gags.

just jumped on ios9 beta, donā€™t know whats new or if anythings changed.

also installing el capitan osx.

Only a few chapters in but ā€œBecoming Steve Jobsā€ is such a better book than the official biography.