April 2015: Massive Massive Month: Rate us 0-16 points

I don’t think the late start to pre-season by the Hawks and Swans is valid this year. The season is starting 3 weeks late which means they would well and truly caught up and will be raring to go.

I think our side will be a little unsettled for the first few rounds - back to the Hirdy game plan, new players in Giles, Cooney and Gwilt to play their first few games in red and black, Belly to get into the swing again and a couple of the young guys who impress during the pre-season getting a game.

Swans: Loss
Hawks: Loss
Pies: Win
Blues: Fark Carlton

So 2-2 after the first month.

Yep

Stuff it, we can do 'em.

The ■■■■■■ lot of 'em.

Anyone who thinks we will knock off Sydney is dreaming.

Every game we play against Sydney in Sydney is the same, every year:

Game is a terrible-to-watch slog fest;
We go down by 3 / 4 goals early in the first half;
Game is goal for goal for ages, with our goals being incredibly hard earned and swans goals coming from arsey snaps from the boundary;
Early final quarter we get within a couple of goals and look like making a real run, only to be shut down by bullshit umpiring;
We lose by 4 goals.

Same thing, every single year. This year will be no different unfortunately.

^ Sad but true. But this year will be different…because it just will be…

The only team I haven’t seen us beat interstate.

Quoted Post

Game is goal for goal for ages, with our goals being incredibly hard earned and swans goals coming from arsey snaps from the boundary;
Early final quarter we get within a couple of goals and look like making a real run, only to be shut down by bullshit umpiring;
We lose by 4 goals.

Neck up
They suck until about round 3 every year.
The last decade of round 1s they’ve only beaten Hawthorn 2005 (finished 3rd bottom), and GWS twice (finished last).
7 losses.

we’re gonna win every game this year perfect season.

We’ve got this.

Quoted Post

We lose by 4 goals.

Nup. My only decisions on this game will be winning margin & how much to put on us.

I admire the optimism and I very much hope you’re right and I’m wrong!

The thing I hate about playing Sydney lately is the dread about what Buddy is going to do to us again. There are very few clubs that have the answer to this guy . Even if you spoil him and hold him to 2 goals, players like Keiran Jack and Luke Parker bob up and kick a few goals. Then even if you are close to them in the last quarter Goodes comes in and gets a few free kicks in the goal square and wrecks any chance you have of winning. Its like the script of some ground hog day movie.
They have spoiled the party for us too many times.

Season starts two weeks later in 2015. Means the top 4 teams should be in better nicj by round 1.

A reply to: @yaco55 regarding QuoteLink

Season starts two weeks later in 2015. Means the top 4 teams should be in better nicj by round 1.
So we should try and make a campaign for next year? seeing as the top 4 teams would have an even shorter break?

Quoted Post

A reply to: @yaco55 regarding QuoteLink
So we should try and make a campaign for next year? seeing as the top 4 teams would have an even shorter break?

What the relevance of your post ? I am answering a post how the Swans traditionally struggle in round 1. It’s a fact that the season starts two weeks later. This may lead to an improved performance by the Swans in Round 1.

I admire the optimism and I very much hope you're right and I'm wrong!

The last time we played them round 1 we paddled 'em.
They played the GF that year, we finished 2nd bottom.

A reply to: @Henry’s Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

I admire the optimism and I very much hope you're right and I'm wrong!

The last time we played them round 1 we paddled 'em.
They played the GF that year, we finished 2nd bottom.

Lots of ‘paddled’ and ‘bottom’ in that post there.