April 2015: Massive Massive Month: Rate us 0-16 points

A reply to: @somo84 regarding QuoteLink

Round Three - Mick Malthouse carries on like the huge f**kin’ idiot that he is after Carlton realise that their list is awful. Jobe, Hep and BJ each get over 35. Ess by 78.

Needs to be quoted properly.

Sorry. Can’t quote properly.

A reply to: @somo84 regarding QuoteLink

Round One - Buddy kicks 4 in the opening half but then does bugger all in the second half thanks to a genius tactical move by Hird to put a mirror in our backline. Jobe gets 52 possies. Ess by 22.

Round Two - Sam Bitchell gets a compound fracture in his eyelash in the first quarter and is subbed out. Trying something new, Isaac Smith attempts a hardball get and ruins a perfectly good pair of undies. Joe kicks 7. Ess by 36.

Round Three - Mick Malthouse carries on like the huge f**kin’ idiot that he is after Carlton realise that their list is awful. Jobe, Hep and BJ each get over 35. Ess by 78.

Round Four - The football world begins to realise what we have known for a while - Bucks is a rubbish coach. Dane Swan rumoured to be doing heroin and eating cheesy fries at half time. Zacka shines with 30 and 4. Ess by 57.

Round Five - St Kilda will do well to win a single game this year. They’re the new GC of 2011 and GWS of 2012. Ess by 187.

I know I’m gonna cop a lot of sh*t with these predictions but what can I say? I’m just the ‘lid-on’ type.

This needs to go in a time capsule and opened after the ANZAC match.

There you go random :smiley:

We are due against the Hawks.

A reply to: @Lifetime ban regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Henry's Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @Bombers08 regarding QuoteLink
Realistic view mode: Sydney will beat us by a mere 3 goals. Everyone will be talking about how good Hawks are only for us to beat them and 'surprise' the public.

Should win the next two. So 12 points and a healthy % is expected.

Realistic view is Sydney lose rd 1 a lot more than they win it.

2014 GWS L
2013 GWS W
2012 GWS W

2011 MELB D
2010 STK L
2009 STK L
2008 STK L
2007 WCE L
2006 ESS L

They’ve been in finals all of those years bar 1.

They had another late start. And they’ve lost depth (Malceski, OKeeffe, Biggs, Membrey) while we’ve picked up more than we lost (Cooney, Giles Gwilt vs Ryder.
We should win.

Should be aiming at 12 pts from the first 4.

Fixed.

Thats harsh on Biggs. He was part of the Bendigo Bombers a few years ago. And Bomber was chasing him in the off season last year. Now that he has landed at the Dogs I think he might surprise.

I think we are a 60% chance against Swans. 50/50 against Hawks, 100% against Carlton, Collingwood.

So 8 points is ‘minimum’, 12 points would be solid and of course 16 the perfect start.

I realistically think we will go into the St Kilda games 3-1 and might then win the next 10…

So many underrate the Hawks on here lol

They are in a supreme era at the moment.

A reply to: @Damnation regarding QuoteLink

I agree. Points in our favour include the ‘late start’ factor for GF teams, potentially hopefully some form of ‘Premiership hangover’, real or imagined and the fact that some of their key stars are beginning to hit the twilight of their careers.

Having said that, if we want to be serious contenders we need to find a way to match it with Hawthorn and be it the class, otherwise we are just making up the numbers.

Hawks aren’t as daunting as they once were without Buddy.

I think you’ll start seeing teams get a hold of them a bit more and challenge them in games.

Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne, Hale, Sewell and Lake are either in the twighlight of their careers or retired.

I think a lot of people are overrating them this year and underrated us if anything, we almost beat them last year in round 2, I think we can go one better this year.

Quoted Post

A reply to: @Damnation regarding QuoteLink

I agree. Points in our favour include the ‘late start’ factor for GF teams, potentially hopefully some form of ‘Premiership hangover’, real or imagined and the fact that some of their key stars are beginning to hit the twilight of their careers.

Having said that, if we want to be serious contenders we need to find a way to match it with Hawthorn and be it the class, otherwise we are just making up the numbers.

So in a win/win scenario, we lose the first two games, and claim we’re a GF team?

Their veterans are still reigning supreme…without mention off their younger stars comi

Mitchell and Hodge for example…wouldn’t be surprised if either takeout the brownlow in 2015, Mitchell deserves one.

Quoted Post

Hawks aren't as daunting as they once were without Buddy.

I think you’ll start seeing teams get a hold of them a bit more and challenge them in games.

Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne, Hale, Sewell and Lake are either in the twighlight of their careers or retired.

I think a lot of people are overrating them this year and underrated us if anything, we almost beat them last year in round 2, I think we can go one better this year.

Again Black Kav…this statement is totally the opposition, they are better without Buddy conscious.

Yeah, im in the the hawks are better without buddy camp. It brings blokes like gunston and breust into the picture more who are guns anyway. They have the best forward line around. Id fkn love gunston or breust, two absolute classy a grade forwards

Anyone talking about Luke Hoge has brought too much in to his media hype.

Very good player, inspirational leader, but he’s hardly the demigod he is made out to be by the media.

Has 115 career Brownlow votes.

Now if you average that from 2005 (the season he was first named All Australian to today) that is 10 seasons he has played.

So he averages 11.5 Brownlow votes per season, which I would hazard to say does not make him a proven Brownlow vote getter.

Sam Mitchell I could totally see winning a Brownlow next year, Luke Hodge not so much.

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever read.

Good. Playing them when they are retired, we are a red hot chance to win, l reckon.

A reply to: @Captain Jack regarding QuoteLink

Good. Playing them when they are retired, we are a red hot chance to win, l reckon.

Yeah but knowing us we will be winning at half time and then get distracted by a dog with a fluffy tail and end up losing by 5

Vs Swans: win by 22
Vs Hawks: lose by 7
Vs Pies: win by 50
Vs Fark Carlton: lose by 1

That’s how it goes.

Saturday, March 7th, 2015 - ESS V St Kilda at Morwell Recreation Reserve.

To simulate an interstate game Essendon charter a private flight that morning rather than drive the 2 hours from Melbourne to Morwell. Ignoring inclement weather reports we take off however the flight is forced to turn back to Melbourne somewhere over Warragul. Whilst the team waves from above to Daisy Thomas a saddened Goddard and Winderlich reminisce about old times. I am left at the ground watching a lone plastic bag playing in the wind whilst drinking my raspberry UDL cans. Six cans in at $5.50 each I turn to one St Kilda supporter and say “It wasn’t worth our time. It wasn’t worth our time”. He turns the other way in disgust shaking his head as I turn toward the bar thinking to myself “It’s time for a change”. “I’m definitely switching to passion fruit flavour”.