Are Mining Interests behind Aboriginal community closures?

Yup. Happens with a fair few Govt jobs.

So. We’re quite comfortable with that are we ?

Get overpaid by Centerlink for a few dollars and you have to pay it back.

$1700 per hour. Phhhft. Just pay it , doesn’t matter.

Not whatsoever. But it’s going to take a middle level pollie who actually gives a stuff to solve it.
Not just limited to government.
No but in my experience the bigger the organisation, the more sort of sloppy detail stuff like this happens.
No but in my experience the bigger the organisation, the more sort of sloppy detail stuff like this happens.

I prefer to think of it as, the bigger the organisation the more rorting happens. Whether it’s cushy high-paid jobs for mates, purchasing rorts, or whatever.

I prefer to think of it as, the bigger the organisation the more rorting happens. Whether it’s cushy high-paid jobs for mates, purchasing rorts, or whatever.

Doesn’t necessarily start as a rort (or intended to). Can just be a lazy prick in charge of a certain dept just OK-ing the same person to do the same work every year, rather than scout out other quotes. And that person adds 10% every year for the same work.

Most bureaucrats have no concept of bottom-line

“oh well I guess that’s what it costs” signs off

Most bureaucrats have no concept of bottom-line

“oh well I guess that’s what it costs” signs off

Or they value the cost to their time more than the cost to the organisation. “i could probably get a better price… but the inbox is piling up and I really CBF putting in OT”