At the movies - From the couch

I’ m lost without subtitles :laughing:

2 Likes

Saw Oppenheimer yesterday. As others have said it’s a quality film. Not normally a big Nolan fan but he’s done a very fine job with this one.

Don’t be put off by the running time … can honestly say I did not notice.

4 Likes

Cannardly wait to see this one.

I drive a Rolls Cannardly. It Rolls down the hill and Cannardly make it up the other side.

I’ll be here all week

4 Likes

Halfway through

High rise - Dwayne the rock Johnston

It’s like diehard, but with a family, and less believable. Plus he has a fake leg.

don’t blame you for finding it to be a fairly non-descript experience, but that is not what the movie is called

Watched grand tourismo tonight. Absolutely Loved it!

As someone who isn’t a car person and finds car racing the most boring sport on the planet to watch, it had me absolutely hooked from start to finish.

The racing scenes were really intense, I definitely have a much bigger appreciation for drivers and what they go through

2 Likes

Heff11 and Heff9 want to see it. Age appropriate?

Yeah definitely, there is a few swear words ( one or two F bombs) and no sex or nudity. The movie is very loud though

2 Likes

Skyscraper it is then.

1 Like

They hear me watch Essendon so we are covered for swear words.

6 Likes

Have you watched Ford V Ferrari? It’s decent.

7 Likes

Not yet, it’s definitely on my list to check out though

1 Like

Watch it mate…I’m pretty sure you will like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a pretty good movie. I am a fan of sports racing cars of that era and Ken Miles was my favourite driver, he was phenomenal at what he did.

Been sick for the past few days, so thought I would finally sit down and watch the godfather.

What a movie!

Couldn’t believe the cast in it. I knew Pacino and Brando were in it, but had no idea James caan and Duvall were in it as well.Was shocked to see Rocky’s wife in it too

I’m not a fan of mafia movies at all, but I adored this.looking forward to watch the second one

10 Likes

I say this to everyone who hasn’t watched the Godfather, but dont watch the third. I find the series more poignant if you just end it at part II. Part III was an absolute afterthought and takes a lot of the punch out of part II.

2 Likes

Barbenheimer - I hear she goes off at the end.

2 Likes

Secret shame

My young bloke (13) has an obsession with political stuff, and is a wee bit spectrumy.

Has it got enough action and suspense for his non political/spectrumy mates to enjoy it?

1 Like