At the movies - From the couch

Is that the one where someone is credited as Nude Girl on Motorbike?

2 Likes

I believe so.

Wonder where she is now?

Every time I read Infinity Gauntlet I think of the far superior short lived Canadian animated series Apollo Gauntlet and get the theme song stuck in my head.

1 Like

Not going to lie, I’m loving the meltdown over gerwig and Margot not getting nominated for Oscar’s.

I love the whole they should of been nominated! But they never say who should be taken out so that they can go in.
The main consensus seems to be that they are women and made a film that made lots of money so they should be nominated

I would if loved to see Godzilla minus one nominated for best foreign film, but I haven’t seen any of the others in the category so have no idea if it was better

1 Like

I have to say that I think the world created by the director in Barbie was way more noteworthy than the performance of Ryan Gosling.
But I also don’t think Margot Robbie deserved a nod, either. She was good, but it was barely a stretch.

getting nominations for adapted screenplay, production design, costumes, supporting actor/actress and best picture is more than i would have expected from a good-but-not-great movie

go back 10 years when the oscars weren’t as desperate for relevance and it’s getting a token nomination for costuming, and that’s it

2 Likes

I feel that Goslings statement about Gerwig and Robbie was less about them not being nominated and more about the embarrassment that he was nominated for that role alone.

I mean, if he wins, they may as well shut the whole industry awards down. wtf

5 Likes

here we are all talking about it, like absolute rubes

2 Likes

It wreaks of desperation by Gosling to say… something for the sake of saying something.

1 Like

The term snub is heavily over used in talking about this. Calling it a snub is just being salty

There is no way Robbies performance even competes with Lilly Gladstones from Killers of the Flower Moon. That was one of the best performances I have seen by a male/ female in years. To put them on the same pedestal would be an insult.

2 Likes

One flew over the cuckoos nest - 19??. Jack

I’d forgotten how good this movie really is. It’s a masterpiece and still holds up today.

1 Like

Saw force of nature: The Dry 2 tonight

Good movie. First half an hour is very very slow. But the second half is very very good

I don’t know why they don’t make more of these sorts of films here. The Australian wilderness is perfect for mystery stories

3 Likes
1 Like

This came up on my youtube feed as well. I didn’t bother watching it.

I got the 71 version on a hard drive somewhere. Such a great film.

A drone ghost trap that’s bad ass,looking forward to this enjoyed the first one.

Just shows how terrible the 2016 Ghostbusters film was biggest woke trash of a film i’ve ever seen.

Why do you hate strong powerful women Nino?

I don’t.

Sarah Connor
Princess Leia
Ellen Ripley
Wonder Woman

All strong powerful women and great characters.

There are others but those four come to mind first. I’m all for having strong female leads in films just don’t like when they are put in as tick box. The only one that was funny in film was Kate McKinnon

2 Likes

It’s very slow, and very brutal; as it should be.

A lot of the wrestlers are portrayed by actors who look completely different, and have none of the same charisma.

1 Like

Bring it back to the cartoons.