At the movies

I watched The Call last night. I was really scared at first but then I just thought it was dumb. Do not recommend, you've seen things like this before.

is that the one with Halle Berry? is it still at the movies or on dvd now?

is that the one with Halle Berry? is it still at the movies or on dvd now?

That's the one. I may have obtained it illegally. It's still at the movies though.

That's the one. I may have obtained it illegally. It's still at the movies though.

cheers

Always been a fan of tense thrillers and serial killer movies. Se7ven is still the best film I have seen by far from that genre. Stands up to repeat viewings.Really liked Identity, Bone Collector and the first SAW film still is the biggest suprise ending i have ever seen in a film. My jaw just literally dropped. The first saw film was awesome, 2nd one was really good as well- then they just went down the gore path, and it got stupid.

Did you like Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead? There's a good chance this movie just wasn't for you.

I got put onto Spaced...about 1999. Any opinions? I've only seen the first ep  but it seemed OK.

I got put onto Spaced...about 1999. Any opinions? I've only seen the first ep  but it seemed OK.

One of the greatest shows ever. Do not be denied the joys of watching it.

Speaking of joys, I'm going to watch this...

Flying-Monkeys.jpg

Got that one on DVD a few weeks ago, but l have such a backlog of movies to watch right now, that it could take me a couple of months before l get around to this one. 

Saw a staff pre-screening of We're the Millers tonight.

Won't impress the critics and people who watch movies to get cultured, but for anyone who wants to watch a movie for a laugh, a good time and walk away wearing a smile I couldn't recommend it more.

Nice light hearted piece with a beautifully casted group of actors.

P.S, Every scene of Jennifer Aniston pole dancing does not disappoint.

One of the greatest shows ever. Do not be denied the joys of watching it.

Speaking of joys, I'm going to watch this...

Could you compare it to Men Behaving Badly? It seemed to have prospects of that.

There are no parallels.

can't wait to see Elysium in gold class tomorrow. Then Kick Ass 2 next thursday!!!!!!!!! B)

I'm seeing Elysium tonight. Cop that.

cop that was a terrible film, so um........ i got nothing :lol:

Well, Elysium was a perfect sci fi action film. Robots, a bit of a dystopia, spaceships (that reminded me very strongly of artwork from the Terran Trade Authority books), fun technology, Sharlto Copley swearing (including at least one c bomb in Afrikaans), a spacestation, more Sharlto Copley swearing, and a bunch of stuff that doesn't really hold up too well if you think too hard about. Gorgeous film to look at, although they could have toned down the shaky cam during some of the action...

Weird crowd in the cinema though. Heaps of twenty something guys with exactly the same haircut, an odd number of couples acting like it was date night, and 80% of the audience bolted for the door the second the credits started.

Could you compare it to Men Behaving Badly? It seemed to have prospects of that.

Spaced is great imho, but I'm not sure it's for you.

I concur.

Spaced is great imho, but I'm not sure it's for you.

First two eps were fine.

P.S, Every scene of Jennifer Aniston pole dancing does not disappoint.

That's why I'll be there. Confirmation. Excellent.

I'm pretty sure that Anniston's PR people force people at knifepoint to refer to her as "the beautiful" every time she's mentioned.

Well, Elysium was a perfect sci fi action film. Robots, a bit of a dystopia, spaceships (that reminded me very strongly of artwork from the Terran Trade Authority books), fun technology, Sharlto Copley swearing (including at least one c bomb in Afrikaans), a spacestation, more Sharlto Copley swearing, and a bunch of stuff that doesn't really hold up too well if you think too hard about. Gorgeous film to look at, although they could have toned down the shaky cam during some of the action...

Weird crowd in the cinema though. Heaps of twenty something guys with exactly the same haircut, an odd number of couples acting like it was date night, and 80% of the audience bolted for the door the second the credits started.

saw it this arvo. Loved it, best film of the year for me. Never been a big Matt Damon fan, but he is excellent in this. Plays the conflicting emotions of the character very well. Sharlito is a awesome villian. If you like District 9 you will love this. 10/10. Has everything, good acting, action, FX, emotion.

I'm pretty sure that Anniston's PR people force people at knifepoint to refer to her as "the beautiful" every time she's mentioned.

Concur, she is tres ordinary.