At the movies

I'm pretty sure that Anniston's PR people force people at knifepoint to refer to her as "the beautiful" every time she's mentioned.

used to concur but def unconcured after she played a psycho nypho dentist a while back who took most of her clothes off and drugged and fiddled with her patients.

its bad that that did something for me but sometimes you just need to go with it.

pain and gain. now theres an interesting one. based on a true story of, wait for it, Miami body builders kidnapping and extorting people using all their brain cell and nearly getting away with it. marky mark, the rock, tony shaloub (who is a dead ringer for a certain creative parody poster on here) and a bemused ed harris are directed by Michael Bay. I cant figure if it was a black comedy, slapstick or action drama. or all. or none. it was definitely worth the reduced admission price though if that's an indicator.

gave it 5 Margaret pomeranzes and a rutger hauer.

Well, Elysium was a perfect sci fi action film. Robots, a bit of a dystopia, spaceships (that reminded me very strongly of artwork from the Terran Trade Authority books), fun technology, Sharlto Copley swearing (including at least one c bomb in Afrikaans), a spacestation, more Sharlto Copley swearing, and a bunch of stuff that doesn't really hold up too well if you think too hard about. Gorgeous film to look at, although they could have toned down the shaky cam during some of the action...

Weird crowd in the cinema though. Heaps of twenty something guys with exactly the same haircut, an odd number of couples acting like it was date night, and 80% of the audience bolted for the door the second the credits started.

saw it this arvo. Loved it, best film of the year for me. Never been a big Matt Damon fan, but he is excellent in this. Plays the conflicting emotions of the character very well. Sharlito is a awesome villian. If you like District 9 you will love this. 10/10. Has everything, good acting, action, FX, emotion.

Watched yesterday, it was great..acting in it was awesome

I'm pretty sure that Anniston's PR people force people at knifepoint to refer to her as "the beautiful" every time she's mentioned.

used to concur but def unconcured after she played a psycho nypho dentist a while back who took most of her clothes off and drugged and fiddled with her patients.

its bad that that did something for me but sometimes you just need to go with it.

pain and gain. now theres an interesting one. based on a true story of, wait for it, Miami body builders kidnapping and extorting people using all their brain cell and nearly getting away with it. marky mark, the rock, tony shaloub (who is a dead ringer for a certain creative parody poster on here) and a bemused ed harris are directed by Michael Bay. I cant figure if it was a black comedy, slapstick or action drama. or all. or none. it was definitely worth the reduced admission price though if that's an indicator.

I watched Pain and Gain yesterday, the movie is horrible...if this infact is true its one of the worst stories going around.

Both the weightlifters and the guy they extort are horrible people, the scene where they run the bloke over is so graphic

Wasnt keen at all and laughed only a few times

Yeah the ads for that one are very misleading. Has some laughs, but it ain't no comedy.

I watched Pain and Gain yesterday, the movie is horrible...if this infact is true its one of the worst stories going around.

Both the weightlifters and the guy they extort are horrible people, the scene where they run the bloke over is so graphic

Don't think I'll watch it since I can't remember the last time Michael Bay was involved in anything good  ;)

I laughed a hell of a lot in it. Maybe it's just my sense of humour.

I was reasonably keen to watch Pain and Gain then I discovered Rebel Wilson was in it. Immediate about face.

Ben Affleck as Batman in 2015. Not sure about that. Put him in the directors chair. That would be a match made in DC heaven.

Ben Affleck as Batman in 2015. Not sure about that. Put him in the directors chair. That would be a match made in DC heaven.

I just heard the news WTF!!!!!!!! No,just no,please no. If he was directing it then fine. But no he should not be Batman. I am annoyed enough they are doing a Batman v.s Superman film. FK!!

If Ben Affleck screws this up his career won't recover. You can't screw up massively twice and be forgiven.

He is a good actor, not a great one. Batman should be played by a great actor. FK!

Has anyone seen The Trouble With Bliss? Is it good?

I just heard the news WTF!!!!!!!! No,just no,please no. If he was directing it then fine. But no he should not be Batman. I am annoyed enough they are doing a Batman v.s Superman film. FK!!

If Ben Affleck screws this up his career won't recover. You can't screw up massively twice and be forgiven.

He is a good actor, not a great one. Batman should be played by a great actor. FK!

Nerd rage is the funniest kind of rage.

Watched scotty21's new movie Kick ■■■ 2. Not bad, I really enjoyed it anyway. Reviews have been trashing it but as someone who never read the comics I didn't have anything to complain about. 8/10.

Hahaha I know right, noone's making them go watch the movie.

LOL. I love Batman, the Nolan movies made the character awesome again. Would hate to see it all go down the toilet again. Hope they don't get Matt Damon to play Robin :lol:

I thought Kick ■■■ 2 was very good. Not as good as the 1st which is one of my all time favourite films. But still very entertaining. 8/10

Elysium still the best film of the year, followed by Silver Linings Playbook.

Now You See Me

Very very very good and entertaining movie for most of it. Left the cinema very very very frustrated. I’ll let you watch it and figure out why, coz it’s well worth a watch.

Now You See Me
Very very very good and entertaining movie for most of it. Left the cinema very very very frustrated. I'll let you watch it and figure out why, coz it's well worth a watch.

The ending was very disappointing, and I felt they could have done a lot more with the cast they had. Immediately went home and re-watched The Prestige, which is a much better film.

Now You See Me
Very very very good and entertaining movie for most of it. Left the cinema very very very frustrated. I'll let you watch it and figure out why, coz it's well worth a watch.

The ending was very disappointing, and I felt they could have done a lot more with the cast they had. Immediately went home and re-watched The Prestige, which is a much better film.

True. The Prestige is in my top five of all time. Great movie.

Watched Oblivion. Surprisingly good.

Yes, quite liked that one. Saw it about 2 weeks ago. Had heard nothing about it. Then again l am a sci-fi fan, so chances were l was going to like it.  

Now You See Me

I agree with the above, but I still loved it.

Frech girl was sweet.

Think they needed to fill in a few gaps, but one of the best of the year.

Saw Now You See Me tonight. Like everyone else said, excellent for three-quarters, fell apart at the end.