At the movies

10 cloverfield lane was pretty average, john goodman had a good act by the rest was cliche and meh.

The lead chick is shhhhhhcmokin’

And as someone who thinks Tarantino has disappeared completely up his own ■■■■, would I like Django unchained. I liked pulp fiction, Jackie brown and dusk till dawn only if that helps in any assistance.

Something about Goodman I just cant cop, he's the ultimate OTT loudmouth yank I just cant handle

Cant wait to see what the new Alien looks like. be interested to see how Danny McBride goes in this. He dropped into my Son’s Brewery in Sydney during filming, Son reckons he was super nice bloke. Gave him a shitload of his T-shirts. Hoping to see hims sporting one while doing promotipons for the film

Been flying... Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Cruise is miscast in this role. The original Reacher in the books is a tall, solid menace of a man that can intimidate the room with his presence. That's why he doesn't use guns. Cruise just looks like an idiot. The film was just okay, but I don't watch Cruise for just okay. Tried to tell too many stories I think. Meh.
I think that "Hollywood" really got to this movie...although Cruise is miscast, he did reasonable job in the first Reacher movie.

The problem with this one was that they made the female lead role too big…that’s not a Reacher thing

Just came back from seeing Split. Very very good. This is shamylan back to his best imo. If you like his stuff you will like this. I have not seen a more intense last 30min of a movie in years.

Macavoy is amazing. One of the best acting performances i have seen in a hell of a long time.

Been flying... Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Cruise is miscast in this role. The original Reacher in the books is a tall, solid menace of a man that can intimidate the room with his presence. That's why he doesn't use guns. Cruise just looks like an idiot. The film was just okay, but I don't watch Cruise for just okay. Tried to tell too many stories I think. Meh.
I think that "Hollywood" really got to this movie...although Cruise is miscast, he did reasonable job in the first Reacher movie.

The problem with this one was that they made the female lead role too big…that’s not a Reacher thing

That’s a fair point. Would’ve been fine in a movie on its own but yeah it’d be like doing a Bourne movie but only half the story is about Bourne.

Primal fear is a cracking movie.

Just came back from seeing Split. Very very good. This is shamylan back to his best imo. If you like his stuff you will like this. I have not seen a more intense last 30min of a movie in years.

Macavoy is amazing. One of the best acting performances i have seen in a hell of a long time.

Now that’s how to do a Blitz movie splash.

Short sweet, to the point, and no palaver.

Nice one, thanks. Got me looking fwd to it.

Went and saw Passengers on Wednesday night.

The first 40 minutes or so is a fkn great movie to watch when your girlfriend is five months into a six month stint abroad and you’re feeling rather lonely. Fk me.

Rest of the movie was spent being thankful for a small cast so that Jennifer Lawrence got more screen time.

So owing to those two things, I think I missed the entire point of the movie.

9/10, reduced to a 5/10 once I’d got home and had some time to think it over.

Went and saw Passengers on Wednesday night.

The first 40 minutes or so is a fkn great movie to watch when your girlfriend is five months into a six month stint abroad and you’re feeling rather lonely. Fk me.

Rest of the movie was spent being thankful for a small cast so that Jennifer Lawrence got more screen time.

So owing to those two things, I think I missed the entire point of the movie.

9/10, reduced to a 5/10 once I’d got home and had some time to think it over.

time to ‘think it over’, eh?

thatsthejoke.jpg

thatsthejoke.jpg

Just being your straight-man, mate.

Primal fear is a cracking movie.

is that with Richard Gere and Edward Norton(courtroom movie)? If so that is a brilliant film

Mrs Fox and I sojourned to Village Crown yesterday to watch Lion.

Exceptional movie, great story, very well told with great cinematography both in India and Tasmania. The actors who played “Saroo” as a child and an adult were fabulous, especially the kid.

Nicole Kidman and David Wenham were average at best, but they are largely irrelevant to the story. Shows Oscar nominations are bullshite.

Highly recommended.

I saw it earlier today solely based on this review.

Very good movie, acted brilliantly by the 3 main characters.
Macavoy will get an Oscar nomination for this, surely !

8.2 / 10 … Recommend

Django Unchained straight into my top 3 movies of all time (equal 3rd).

On Netflix for those who haven’t seen it yet

That’s a fair point. Would’ve been fine in a movie on its own but yeah it’d be like doing a Bourne movie but only half the story is about Bourne.

If there was ever a role for Mickey Rourke…

Django Unchained straight into my top 3 movies of all time (equal 3rd).

On Netflix for those who haven’t seen it yet

I thought it was OK…but no better than that.

So that good eh Peeto? I’ll have to watch it soon.

Went and saw Metropolis at the Astor yesterday

Special effects were pretty good given the era. Using forced perspective and mirrors and sht. Read up on it, it’s really interesting how some of the shots were done.

Also what is it with early 20th century Germans and blindly following some dipsht leader who speaks reasonably well?

Suffers from the Seinfeld effect a bit in which you see all these sci-fi genre typical plot devices, and then realise that this was the origin of most of them.

Also lamented how the “fight back against the man” theme of Fight Club, The Matrix, etc has been getting retold for nearly a century with no real lasting change in society. Then lament even further when Les Mis makes you realise it’s been going on way longer than that.

7/10

Went and saw Metropolis at the Astor yesterday

Special effects were pretty good given the era. Using forced perspective and mirrors and sht. Read up on it, it’s really interesting how some of the shots were done.

Also what is it with early 20th century Germans and blindly following some dipsht leader who speaks reasonably well?

Suffers from the Seinfeld effect a bit in which you see all these sci-fi genre typical plot devices, and then realise that this was the origin of most of them.

Also lamented how the “fight back against the man” theme of Fight Club, The Matrix, etc has been getting retold for nearly a century with no real lasting change in society. Then lament even further when Les Mis makes you realise it’s been going on way longer than that.

7/10

Apparently, there are only 7 stories.